Twenty-Four

~Drinking With Cupid~
VOILÀ

"I can't escape the love made,
it follows me."

I looked at myself in the mirror, examining my outfit to see if it was suitable for Tom and I's dinner. We were being sent by our parents to one of the Raptis' supposedly-run restaurants/clubs. I knew I would want something nice, but breathable, so I went with a cream satin set, elegant but functional.

 I knew I would want something nice, but breathable, so I went with a cream satin set, elegant but functional

It looked nice, and I felt confident, but something was missing. I searched through my luggage to try and find some jewelry that would compliment the outfit, and I stumbled across a gold choker and bracelet which was perfect.

I put on some light makeup and pulled my hair back into a slick ponytail before heading out onto the balcony to look down into the hot tub where Tom was soaking, his head leaned back. He seemed so relaxed, as if we weren't two people forced into a marriage in order to form a strong mafia family that would dominate all others. In that moment as I looked down at my husband and he looked up at me with a smile on his face, we felt normal.

"Come get ready, we have thirty minutes before our reservation," I called down to him, leaning against the railing of the balcony. He let out a visible sigh before pulling himself out of the hot tub, water pooling at his feet while he reached for his towel, his muscles tensing with each movement.

Within a minute he was at our door, his hair still dripping with water. "Wow, you look amazing," he said, coming up to me with open arms. I shoved him away, my hands against his bare chest.

"No way, you're soaking wet! Go get a shower," I exclaimed with a laugh. Tom's face fell with an exaggerated frown. "Go, go," I continued with a smile on my face.

"Just one kiss?" he asked, a pout on his lips.

I let out a sigh. "Fine," I answered with a smirk. I leaned forwards, my lips pressing against his gently, but his found mind with more eagerness. When we parted, he backed into the bathroom with a knowing smile.

* * *

The windows were down as we zoomed through the empty, one-lane roads. Warm air crashed against my cheeks and Tom's hand was firm against my thigh, his curls flying around aimlessly in the wind. We had to travel for twenty minutes to get to the town that the restaurant was in, and each minute was filled with anxious anticipation.

Would we have an encounter with a Raptis? Will be have to fight tonight? What will we have to give up in order to gain the upper hand? There were so many questions rifling through my mind, but there was a sort of comfort in Tom's touch on my skin. A constant reminder that he would be there every step of the way, that he would protect me no matter what happened.

Tom pulled onto the side of a street, pulling into the grassy area so that he wouldn't be blocking the narrow road. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded my head once before he got out of the car. He opened my door, reaching a hand out to help me out of the car. Then, we walked hand-in-hand towards the club.