Two

~Infinity~
Jaymes Young

"I'm gonna make this last forever, don't tell me it's impossible."

I looked at myself in the mirror, looking at the lace that was covering my body. I turned slightly to the side, my curves accentuated by the tight fabric. I looked over at the girl who was picking gowns for me, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"You look beautiful, Miss Y/n," she said, her voice high in pride with her choice.

"I don't know, it seems a little too...revealing for my wedding day," I said, biting my lower lip as I turned to the front again, looking at the plunging neckline. "I want to look regal. Not like a princess, but a queen. But I don't want to be drowning in fabric, either."

"Alright! You can go back into the changing room and I'll pick something else out," she said, offering me her hand to get off of the small platform I was on. She fixed my train and I had to waddle my way back to the dressing room, my legs trapped by the dress. I wore tight dresses to fundraisers all the time, but those usually had slits so that I could walk without looking like a penguin.

Once I made it back to my little room, I picked up my phone to look and see if I had any notifications and I did. I had a text from a number I didn't have in my contacts.

I opened up the message with furrowed eyebrows, hoping it wasn't any brave soul who thought he could make a deal with the Y/l/n princess.

"Hello, Y/n. This is Tom. Your mother gave me your contact information. I hope it is alright with you that I reached out."

I had to laugh. "We are going to be married in less than two weeks, and you're wondering if it is ok to text me?" I shook my head, looking back down at the lace gown I had on. I still couldn't believe that a few days ago I was completely single and ready to mingle, and now I was shopping for a wedding dress.

"I'm going to take that as a yes. So I was wondering, since we are going to get married soon, if you wanted to go out to a club and get drinks? We don't have to be complete strangers at the altar."

I laughed to myself again, my cheeks growing pink as I looked down at his pixel words. "I would like that. Just tell me when and where, fiancé."

"Knock knock." The consultant was at my room again outside of the curtain concealing me. I put my phone down, getting that old, familiar feeling of anxiety as I waited for Tom's response.

"Come in," I responded, straightening my posture. I was more than ecstatic about getting out of this claustrophobic death trap.

She pulled away the curtain, bringing in a full satin dress. It seemed...plain, like it was missing something.

"Now, this dress is very regal and can be dressed up with beautiful jewelry and a lace veil," she said, placing it on a rack before coming over to unzip me and release every inch of body fat that was being sucked into the dress I was in.

As the zipper fell, I let out a breath of relief, my shoulders slouching forward to relax. I could hear the girl chuckle behind me as she slid the dress off of my body.

Then, she told me to step into the "regal" gown. She pulled it up and began buttoning the back. The sleeves were thin and off the shoulder and I could feel that the back was low and the front was low enough to make me look like a woman, not a little girl playing dress up.

"Okay, let's go show your mum and put a veil on you

"Okay, let's go show your mum and put a veil on you." She smiled, but I could see her looking down at my hand. This was the third time I caught her looking, trying to find the engagement ring that wasn't there. She knew who I was, knew I was getting married, but didn't know to who. As far as she knew, my future husband and I were just very good about keeping our relationship a secret, not that we had never met before.

She came up behind me, picking up the train as I picked up the sides of the gown. For some reason my heart was pounding in my throat and my stomach was tight as I grew closer to the platform. I stepped up in my heels, closing my eyes so I wouldn't see myself until I was ready. The consultant ran to grab a veil and my mother was completely silent. You could've heard a pin drop in the small boutique.

I felt prongs gently scrape against my scalp as she adjusted the veil. Then, she adjusted the train, the final touch. "Alright, you can open your eyes now."

I slowly opened my eyes, my vision focused on the beautiful woman I saw in the mirror staring back at me. The front of the dress was a sweetheart neckline that allowed enough skin to show. It also accentuated all of my curves before flowing out into a beautiful satin skirt that had buttons all the way to the floor.

My throat closed up as I looked at the veil. It was made of soft tulle, but the bottom that touched the ground had a beautiful lace pattern. I was a bride. I looked and felt like I was getting married and that it would be the best day of my life.

I brought a hand up to my mouth to stop myself from sobbing in front of everyone and making a fool of myself. A few tears disobeyed my mental orders and fell down my cheeks. I could see the consultant smiling proudly from the corner of my eye and my mother looking confused. She didn't know if my tears were out of sadness or happiness.

"You look gorgeous," the girl peeped up, coming up next to me. "Like a true queen."

"I love it," I whispered, putting my hand back down to my side. "Everything about it. I feel like a bride in this dress and I honestly can't wait until the day now. And it fits me perfectly, no alterations needed." I grinned, turning to the side and admiring everything about the way I looked. I saw my smiling, blushing face in the mirror. I was glowing. And I wasn't lying when I said I was excited for my wedding day. I actually wanted to start counting down the days now.

"So, is this the one?" the consultant asked, her hands folded in front of her mouth in hopefulness.

"Yes, definitely. The gown and the veil." I looked over at my mother again. She was leaning back in her chair, a smirk dancing on her lips.

"I knew you would come around," she mouthed, crossing her arms in front of her.

I did come around, and I wasn't even mad at my mother for doing the whole "I told you so" bit because I was in a state of euphoria. I couldn't wait to get back to the dressing room and see if my fiancé had said that we could meet tonight.

~ ~ ~

I am already obsessed with writing this story and I hope y'all are obsessed with reading it!

Thank you all so much for reading, commenting, and voting. It means so much!

Alright, well, I'll catch y'all in the next chapter <3

~Aidan