Chapter 13

On my way out of El Fenix I hear my phone chime with a message. I pull my phone out of my back pocket looking at the screen, "gotta go?" North asks.
He's holding my door open for me to get in. "Yeah. My brother is needing an extra set of hands," I tell him with a smile. "Thanks for dinner," I call out to the rest of them with another smile.
"Anytime Aggle mou!" Silas waives back.
I slide into the car and North shuts the door. After buckling up and starting the car I waive one last goodbye and head out towards home.

I walk into Corey and Branson's apartment to complete chaos. Alarms are blaring, Axel is shouting out orders through the speaker and Corey's fingers are flying over the keyboard. 

I chunk my stuff on the couch and hurry to the massive computer room Corey has set up. I take a seat at the back up desk and quickly logged in. "What do you need?" I learned early on that if alarms are blaring you don't try to figure out what's going on. You start by finding out how you help and you'll eventually figure out what is going on in the process. It's better not to waste time. 

"Get the alarms to stop, track this device and give coordinates to Axel. We're trying to catch the person with the tracker." I did as I was told. It took less than a minute to turn off the alarms and I began calling out directions to Axel. "Axel, I'm here."

"About damn time." he growls into the phone. "This chick is driving me nuts."

"Take the next left." I order. "Chick huh?" I tease. "Is she pretty?"

I hear his deep chuckle, "Haven't gotten a good look at her yet."

"Go right then double back down Coalfax to Center Ln."  Whoever we were tracking was fast and liked to double back. 

"Fuck," he huffs. I can hear Axel getting frustrated by the minute. It took a few minutes but I figured out the woman's pattern and started giving Axel directions that would eventually heard the woman to a dead end. Once Axel caught up with his target I sent Brandon his way for a pick up then turned to Corey. "That was fun." 

"You're not done yet." He shares his screen with me and I see that he's working on hacking into a personal network. Whoever set up the security is good. Really good. But I notice, not better than Corey. Since Axel and Brandon are together that just leaves Raven and Marc handling whatever this assignment is. 

"I'm going to keep this opened up and I need you to download everything on this computer," Corey tells me. "Be ready."

I pull up the appropriate window and plug in a flash drive, " Ready." I watch as Corey gets through the final firewall and all the secrets come pouring out and onto the flash drive. Once we got everything we needed Corey and I back out of everything and cover our tracks. I know that Corey could have done this by himself but he's been teaching more and more about coding and hacking. So anytime something like this comes up he likes to let me help so I can get the practice. 

I go to the kitchen and grab Corey and myself a drink. "Thanks," he says as I hand him the bottle of water. I smile taking a drink. "So what was that all about. I knew about Raven and Marc's assignment tonight but no one said anything about something else coming up tonight." The assignment That Raven and Marc are on has been on the books for the last month. It was a "who's who" Party of the rich and criminal. Raven was posing as a bodyguard for Marc who's playing the rich playboy with more money than common sense. 

"The Academy has been trying to catch this woman for a while. Evidently she have been stealing wallets." Corey tells me. 

I look at him curiously, "That can't be all."

Corey smirks, "It's not. We found that though she's stealing wallets, she's not keeping them. She leaves them where security can find them and return them. She also doesn't take everything. She leaves all of the cards and only takes about half of the cash."