Nick arrived home only to throw his keys on the table, he stared at a picture of him and Derek, his last boyfriend. Derek was on the other side of the world pursuing his dreams, Nick was invited but he just didn’t know what he was planning on doing with his life. Derek had been his rock, Nick had confided in him about his crush. Derek told him to pursue his crush but Nick couldn't since his crush was technically in Britain at the time. 

Nick's phone rang, he picked up to see a message. 

‘Hey champ, just to let you know. Your mother and I are remaining in Zante and we were wondering if you want to come live with us. We are planning on getting married and it would be great if you were able to come. I can send you the money and book your reservations. Maybe you can bring the one you keep telling us about with you. The wedding isn’t for a couple of months but I will send the details soon. It should be the 9th of June. Hope your DJing is going the way you wanted and you have settled down with a job - Don’

Nick sighed, it was now February so he had plenty of time to decide what to do. He re-read the message, did he really want to go live in Zante. Yeah, it was an escape but what was he running from? 

With a quick reply, Nick decided to get some sleep before he met his dad later at the museum. 

Meanwhile…

Dr Mcphee smiled. He couldn’t wait to see what these brothers would bring to the museum. Yes he was worried since Larry had sent him a warning but he trusted Larry would be able to handle it. The tablet wasn’t going to be on display since it was a strange red colour, he would leave that in Ahkmenrah’s sarcophagus, it was a hidden compartment. Tilly the night guard in England assured him that Ahkmenrah knew where it was and how to use it, Dr Mcphee trusted the young king knew what he was doing. The director couldn’t wait, he had a surprise for the brothers as later this month. Their parents would arrive and so would another Egyptian exhibit.

Turning around, Dr Mcphee left unaware of the awakened evil in one of the sarcophagus. 

In the tomb of Ahkmenrah, three brothers waited for the sun to set in anticipation of what would happen in the night at the museum. The youngest rested in the middle while he was flanked on either side by his brothers. To a stranger it was almost like he was protected but that was not to be. Ahkmenrah was at the centre because he held the most power according to legend. Ahkmenrah, Fourth King of the Fourth Kings was said to be the last blood royal of the golden family of egypt. 

Hours later…

As Dr Mcphee left the museum he bypassed the Daley's, the two wearing the night guard uniform, Nicky had been offered a permanent job, the young man accepted knowing his music wouldn't make all the money itself. He had thanked the director who had become a type of uncle to him in their crazy family. Dr Mcphee had informed him that the sarcophagus were already unlocked and to give them time. Larry nodded in thanks, closing the main door for the night. 

As soon as the main doors to the museum locked, a golden wave flowed through the museum bringing everything to life. Rexy let out a roar waking the whole museum up. Nick and Larry shared a look wondering how the nights would be for now on.

Friendly faces emerged from every direction, Teddy dismounted his horse to greet Sacagewa while Atilla walked towards them with his gentle giant expression, in his hand was Octavius and Jedidiah hitching a ride. Larry smiled at them all, thankful for the peace for once when a loud sound from upstairs directed the attention to one of the jackals standing at the top of the stairs looking down at them. 

Larry gulped, the jackals never moved unless…

A shout of what sounded like egyptian flowed through the halls, not even a second later. Ahkmenrah appeared looking exhausted, furious and upset. The young teen king looked at them all staring up to the jackal. Ahkmenrah said a few words in Egyptian and something mesmerising happened. 

The jackal standing on guard glowed brightly until there was just a young guard standing beside Ahkmenrah, she was about the height of the king. She wore a furious expression, the guard placed a hand on the king's arm and directed him down the stairs. 

The exhibits were shocked, they had no clue the jackals were humans as well. Instead a beautiful woman with brown hair looking similar to Ahkmenrah stood by the king's side with her egyptian armour protecting her body. Lancelot looked amazed at her, the woman glared at him. The knight was quick to shut his mouth. 

Rexy moved closer to comfort the young king who reached up to lay a hand on his snout just as Kahmunrah appeared at the top of the stairs followed by the other brother. Tahmunrah. 

The exhibits took a step back at the older man in front of them, the one looking at Kahmunrah with an evil glare. Kahmunrah wasn’t bothered; he was more concerned for his baby brother who was sitting on the counter beside the jackal guard and Theodore Roosevelt who had wrapped the upset teenager in his arms. 

Tahmunrah came to a stop opposite them all and smiled which faltered when Rexy roared in his direction. The egyptian ignored the skeleton entirely as he turned to greet them all, 

“My name is Tahmunrah and I am honoured to be in your presence. My brother tells me you are the king of this palace” Larry frowned, he didn't say anything since he had a feeling the egyptian wasn’t finished, “I want to offer my services to you” Tahmunrah said with a twisted smile. Larry didn’t know what to say as he accepted the king's hand. Ahkmenrah only shivered some more in Teddy’s arms, Sacgewa moved closer on mother instincts. 

Nick frowned from his place beside his dad, it was clear to him as butter is to toast. Ahkmenrah was afraid of the man in front of them but why? He wondered. All of them seemed to ask themselves that.

All of them would soon learn why. 

It was only a matter of time.

Ta Da! Please be patient! Slower updates - I'm sorry more on the way soon!
Thank you to anyone who has read, voted or commented on this story! I will try and add any ideas others have but this book is slower than normal. Another update on the way soon - all I ask is you be patient : )