15

After a moment of shocked silence, Chan furrowed his brows, frowning: "You okay?" Jeongin remained silent. "What's wrong, pup? You're not acting like yourself", Changbin asked softly, glancing at the nest. The maknae would always choose the nest whenever one of the omegas offered him to stay in one with them. Though his mind still felt slow, Jeongin knew he couldn't tell his hyung that he didn't want to stay in the nest. That was an incredibly hurtful thing to tell an omega and he knew his mates had built it for all of them to be comfortable. Changbin seemed to know what was on his dongsaeng's mind though and hummed: "We shouldn't have built it on the carpet, hm? You're too achy, aren't you?" At that, Jeongin broke into tears and buried his face in his hands. "I-I'm sorry", the boy choked out, afraid he had hurt his hyung's feelings with the rejection. "Why would you be sorry, pup?", Changbin whispered, stroking the younger's back, "We don't want you to be in pain, so please, choose wherever you feel the most comfortable. If you want, you could also stay in my room. A bed would probably be better than the couch. The couch always leaves me achy, no matter how healthy I am." The omega wasn't wrong, their couch really wasn't the most comfortable but Jeongin was still uncertain. He didn't feel like invading Changbin's privacy.

"How about I build a small nest on my bed? You can be all cozy for the night and we'll be close by in case you need anything? I'll stay out here in the living room for the night anyway and I know you love our nests", Changbin offered. He had always found it endearing how eager Jeongin was to join any of them in their nests whenever they offered. The maknae thought he was discreet about it but to his mates it was obvious, so Changbin was sure the younger himself was far more heartbroken over not being able to go back to their nest than any of the omegas felt about the rejection. Jeongin's hesitation and the conflicted look in his tired eyes told the rapper all he needed to know. He made eye contact with Hyunjin, the dancer smiling: "I got him, hyung. You can go ahead and collect some material. We'll fix the nest later, so just grab what you need." Changbin nodded gratefully, getting up and making his way to the living room. "Binnie-hyung will build a really cozy nest for you", Hyunjin hummed, running his fingers through Jeongin's hair, "Let me help you wash up a bit, so you can rest comfortably. Maybe we can also get you a different shirt, you're sweating quite a bit." – "Want Channie's sweater", the younger breathed, pouting up at the leader. Chan almost combusted at his dongsaeng's cuteness and promised: "I'll fetch one for you, pup. Go and wash up and I'll be there."

While Chan rushed to his room to pick out one of his softest sweaters for Jeongin, Hyunjin carefully picked the maknae up. Once the dancer had carried his dongsaeng to the bathroom, he settled the younger on the rug. With the boy still a little dizzy, he propped the younger up against the bathtub before helping him take off his shirt. Hyunjin took a washcloth and wet it with lukewarm water. Already having felt a little cold before, Jeongin instantly shivered as soon as his shirt was off and he frowned when his hyung approached him with the washcloth. They had previously stuck to cold water in order to bring his fever down, so he wasn't looking forward to the cold touch. "It's warm", Hyunjin cooed, when he noticed the other's frown, "Don't worry, pup. Let's get this over with quick, so you can put on Chan-hyung's sweater and lay down."

The dancer had made quick work of washing Jeongin's face and wiping down his back and arms. While he patted the other down with a towel, Chan joined them, carrying an oversized sweater. The leader's heart broke when he watched the youngest shudder, so him and Hyunjin carefully slipped the sweater onto their dongsaeng before they helped him to his feet. Stumbling a little, Jeongin clutched his hyungs' arms and was glad when Hyunjin picked him up again. Sure, it was humiliating but he was too exhausted to care. "Let's find Changbin-hyung, hm?", the dancer smiled, when the younger nuzzled his face into the crook of his neck. Jeongin tiredly sniffed him, relaxing as he inhaled the omega's sweet scent. The trio quietly joined Changbin in his room and Jeongin gave a shy smile when he realized the rapper was almost done with the nest. It was already an honor for an alpha to be invited into an omega's nest but to have a nest built specifically for them was a whole new level and Jeongin couldn't help but wonder how he could be lucky enough to be that loved by his pack.