Chapter 16-See you in hell

After disgustingly emptying my guts on the ground, I stood up, a rush of dizziness and exhaustion overtaking my body once the adrenaline had worn off. I still hadn't looked at the guys, embarrassed by what had just happened. One of them handed me a tissue and a water bottle. I gargled my mouth and spit the water on the ground, doing my best to cleanse my mouth.

I finally turned towards the guys. "Not a word of this to anyone, or swear to God you won't enjoy finding what I'm like when I'm mad." Ace just raised his hands, as a surrendering gesture, and Adrian simply pretended to lock his lips and throw away the key.

Ace checked his watch before muttering a curse. "We're a little late than I hoped but we can still sneak back undetected easily, if we leave right this second. Let's go."

Most of the people were still on the race track, chatting, drinking to their deaths, smoking, not a care in the world. There seemed to be another race going on, so most of the people seemed distracted by that. I also didn't spot Xavier again, which meant he either left or was busy doing business I had no intention of being curious about.

We reached our bikes when suddenly Ace came to a halt. "What," I asked.

"I think I left my phone in the car."

"Are you serious. You said so yourself we need to leave right this second." Ace winced at Adrian's words.

"It's fine, go and get it. We're waiting." He quickly sprinted away, disappearing from my sight in the crowd of people.

"What happens with the car. Do you just leave the car here."

"Usually we bring the cars ourselves, ones back at home. But since we're on lockdown, we have backups stored in different location. Our guy brings them and takes them back."

"Do you guys have lockdowns often."

"Not as much as we used to. We have different safety protocols for every kinds of threats. This is first lockdown we've had in a very long time."

"Is the threat really that serious?."

"Kind of. We still haven't gotten an identity. The guy who kidnapped us is a ghost. Ace is working on so we'll get a hit soon."

"Do you have any idea, who it might be. The bald dude seemed to have an personal vendetta."

"In this line of work we make enemies every day. A secret army is being raised against two mafia families. The fact that there hasn't been a single rumor of it in the underground is concerning. Someone should have gotten a gist of anything but these people are being too quite.

The fact that we escaped means there getting reckless and making mistakes. Kidnapping us was the first play. We can feel it that more shit is about to happen. They're just waiting for us to lower our guard."

"Yet you guys still sneaked out."

"Well we can handle it. Plus we can't live our lives hidden in fear. We're making a statement, that no one can take us down. The moment we cower, they'll pounce on us."

"Do you guys have a plan."

He stayed silent for a few seconds, contemplating something. "What?"

"It's not that I don't trust you, but I can't share much about the mafia business with someone outside the family."

"It's okay I understand." I wasn't offended at his question. In fact I knew how much loyalty is important in mafia. He couldn't just discuss business to someone he just met. That's why I also never asked Tio and Zack about anything. The less I knew and was involved, the better for me. "Where the hell is your brother," I asked trying to change the subject.