Chapter 4- The Alliance Meeting

The day of the meeting:

This meeting was very important. For both the Mafia's. It was crucial for them to strengthen their mafia alliance with each other as an unknown force was rising, slowly attacking both the mafias, trying to take them down.

For several decades these two mafias had been fighting over dominating america. They were the first ever Mafias to rule one county. Normally it's one Mafia per country as the weaker ones didn't have any power or were either removed. But both the mafias were so strong that in trying to defeat each other, there was too much blood shed.

Lorenzo and Giovanni came to a mutual agreement of ruling america half and half. Though they have many problems, their Mafias together became indestructible. Last year, Lorenzo resigned and handed over his empire to Xavier, his son. The mafia strengthened even more under his reign.

A few days ago, the dock where Xavier's shipment was supposed to arrive, was intercepted. They had caught the guys but he noticed something peculiar that made him want to meet Giovanni urgently.

They gathered in the conference room, where they always met to discuss their problems regarding the alliance, whether someone if someone was violating the contract etc.

Only few men of each Mafia were there. People they could really trust.
Xavier was present with his Second in command Dominick, also Xavier's brother. Next to him was Dylan who's their mafia's best assassin/hacker and the third in command.

Zack and his dad Antonio entered the room. They nodded acknowledging each other. Antonio Lombardi didn't like Xavier that much. To others he was the most scariest guy they knew. Nobody had ever seen him laugh or joke around. He hardly spoke during meetings and when he did he only conversed with Giovanni.

Soon Vincenzo entered the room. He was Giovanni's son and the next in line to become Don. His father was soon going to retire and hand over the empire to his son on his 26th birthday which was in a few months.

The room fell into a silence as soon as Giovanni entered the room. He always had this aura around him, that everyone envied, which was very authoritative.
Both the Dons shook their hands and started the meeting.

"So Mr. Xavier what is this urgent matter that has you requesting my presence," he asked with a bold voice.

"A few days ago, one of my shipments were intercepted at the dock. This has been happening too many times for the past few months. I was starting to become restless as I couldn't find who was behind this," said Xavier.

"I'd tread very carefully if you're deciding on accusing us." replied Giovanni gruffly.

"Let me finish. We noticed that there was a specific tattoo of omertà on them."Xavier handed him a picture as he spoke.

As they were scanning the picture Xavier continued

"I wouldn't have thought anything big, however they even found out the secret docks I have to receive shipments."

"The same has been happening with us. Two of our smaller clubs have been infiltrated this month. The guys we caught also had this tattoo," replied Giovanni.

"I thought they were just thugs but it is too much of a coincidence that both of our sides were attacked by the same people," replied Vincenzo.

"Someone, we have no idea of, is attacking our mafias and we possibly have a rat. I have a feeling that these guys will soon hit big and we need to prepared especially if have moles."

"Do you perhaps have any idea which Mafia's omertà tattoo is this? It's the first time I'm seeing this." Xavier asked.

Every mafia has an omertà tattoo. It's like a symbol that represents your Mafia and Don. Giovanni's omertà tattoo is a skull with a knife. Xavier's is dragon. The Spanish mafia's a bull. Another mafia has a dagger.

(Xavier's Mafia omertà tattoo)

"I don't know either which means that whoever is behind it has been on the low," Giovanni explained

"That why I'm here. We need to work together and find out who's behind these attacks."

"Zack and I will scope out the area and see if we can find something regarding these men. We'll also see if they have seen that tattoo before," Vincenzo volunteered. Xavier thanked them to show he was grateful.

"I'll contact the other Mafias and see if they recognize it," stated Giovanni.

"I'll check the underground and see if they know anything, Dylan will also try and find something."

"Well let's hope we catch these bastards, also not a word to anyone outside this room."

They shook their hands and the meeting was over. Giovanni left, leaving only Antonio, Vincenzo and Zack in the room with Xavier. They went over the details of the contract thoroughly and signed some papers. The contract was to ensure that each mafia didn't cross a line in others territory.

As they were about to leave Xavier stopped Zack and finally asked him, "I'm curious to know who I met at the store that day. It's not everyday I experience some girl threatening a don. You defending her like that made me more interested. "

After the encounter at the store, Xavier wanted to know who that woman was who threatened a Don despite being held at gunpoint.

After he returned, he asked his hacker, Dylan, to do a background check on her. He would have left her alone after feeding his curiosity but when Dylan did a background check he found nothing. The girl was a ghost which made Xavier more curious. Despite being being the greatest hacker, Dylan found nothing, as if she didn't even exist.

Hearing what Xavier said, both Antonio looked at Zack, curious to know who he was talking about. Vincenzo was already out the door so he didn't hear what Xavier asked.

"I wanted to know who she was so i asked Dylan here to do some of his hacker magic. Now to my surprise, I find out that the girl doesn't even exist on the record," Xavier asked him, studying his expressions carefully.

Looking at him Xavier knew he had touched a wrong nerve. He was fuming mad. The clenching of his jaw said so.

During their eye staring, a deep voice spoke in Italian, "sta parlando di chi penso stia parlando?"
(Is he talking about who I think he's talking about)

Xavier noticed Antonio knew who he was talking about. He saw Zack nodding to his dad, which made him look at Xavier with a death glare. Xavier thought to himself that if he wasn't the Don he would have been intimidated, he wasn't scared though. He was too curious to know why Antonio was reacting like this.

"Listen here young man, if I hear you talk about my figlia (daughter) like that again, I won't hesitate to put a bullet through your head. Even if we're allies," he said as he calmly yet murderously spoke to Xavier.

With those words he left the room shocking Xavier to his core. Antonio didn't have a daughter. Not one that Xavier had heard of. This made Xavier more confused. Why would Antonio's daughter be a ghost, Xavier thought.

Zack and Vincenzo left as well making Xavier think ' Who the hell was this mystery woman?'.

The order of chapter 3 and 4 got mixed so please read chapter 3 first and then 4