Eddie almost cracks a smile of amusement, then, quickly remembers why she’s pissed off. Many nights she has spent watching Ru Paul’s Drag Race with the alien – the very reason he seems to be interested in human fashion in the first place – but right now, Eddie pushes away those fond memories and glares back up at the mutant again. “What do you want, Erik?”

Magneto arches a brow. “She does her homework well, I see.” He chuckles when she arches a brow, then, pretends to look offended again. “My dear girl, I am almost old enough to be your grandfather. A little respect goes a long way.”

Well, I tend to respect people less when they attack me.” Eddie bites out, that sarcasm of hers that Venom admires so much dripping from her every word.

“Technically, your... friend attacked me first.” Magneto points out. His brow is still raised, though, he clearly looks smug.

“Uh, no. You attacked us first.” Eddie shoots him an incredulous look. Maybe he’s old enough to have dementia, too!

“I did no such thing.” Magneto scoffs out.

Venom’s noodle-head comes spiralling out of her left shoulder. “Yes, you did! He angrily snuffs out.

Magneto purses his lips, bites back an amused smile as he sees two little inky arms folding over themselves. Those large milky eyes are narrowed in on him and if it weren’t for all the truly horrid things he had already seen in his very long and strange life, he’s sure this creature’s angry maw (covered in razor-sharp fangs) would scare the ever living shit out of him. As it happens... he couldn’t be more thrilled. What a fine soldier this creature would make, he thinks.

Eddie nods in agreement, folds her arms over her chest as she adds, “You totally did.”

“You invaded our magnetic fields! YOU started it!”

“Oh, that? Merely a little test of what you’re both made of.” Magneto explains, still wearing that smug shit smile –

’– AND that ridiculous shitty helmet of his!’ Venom chimes in her thoughts without tearing his eyes from the mutant.

“I’m impressed with you, too, Edith.”

Eddie scoffs. “Gee, thanks, grandpa. I’m flattered.” NOT!

‘Let me FLATTEN him, Eddie!’

‘And have all his stupid moron lackeys come houndin’ after us until the end of time? No, thank you.’

Venom simply grumbles, both in her thoughts and out loud.

“I already told both fire-boy and Peter that I’m not into the whole real life comic book action scene thing.”

Magneto’s eyes narrow, though, obviously not at the two of them when he spits out, “Peter Maximoff?

Eddie merely nods as Venom settles for hovering over her shoulder (just waiting for the mutant to strike so he can strike back... and simply just waiting for Eddie to say the word and let him attack first altogether.)

Magneto scoffs, shakes his head.

“Kid trouble?” Eddie can’t help the taunting little smirk that tugs at the corners of her lips.

Magneto arches a brow, looks slightly surprised. “My, my, you really do dig deep for that homework of yours.”

“Bein’ nosey has always been kinda my thing. Besides, wouldn’t be a good journalist otherwise.” Eddie simply states with a small shrug of her shoulders.