“OK. Good.” Eddie breaths a small sigh of relief. Then, huffs again, because – “I really should be more concerned over the idea of you jumpin’ the guy, but –“ She cuts herself off with a slightly bitter sounding chuckle, shakes her head at herself for being so ridiculous... and selfish.

‘I would never leave you, Eddie... not unless you asked me to.’ Venom hates himself for how pathetically... pathetic he sounds saying that last part.

“That’s not gonna happen, love.” Eddie tells him, feels like she has to say it out loud for him to hear – and not just in their head. “You’re mine, too, y’know?” She adds with a cheeky smile, tries to lighten his mood.

I am?’

Eddie chuckles at his adorably quiet (quietly surprised) voice, grins and nods. “WE are Venom. Remember?”

How did you do that?!’ Venom is shocked, surprised, slightly – very – aroused, but mainly confused. He suspects he knows the answer, but he must wait to find out... because no symbiote has ever been bonded to a host for as long as Venom has to Eddie... at least, to his knowledge.

“I don’t know.” Eddie shrugs, clearly not knowing the significance of the situation.

Venom lets it go for now, mainly because he’s then very excited over her words when they finally register. ‘Yes! WE are Venom and we are Eddie! We are Veddie!

No.” Eddie firmly states. “We are not Veddie. What the fuck is that?

‘It is our shipname, Eddie! I suggested ‘Eddon,’ but Annie’s one is much better!’

He sounds so proud that Eddie almost feels guilty as she groans quietly and tells him, “You’re both ridiculous.” Annoyingly though, she can’t help smiling as she shakes her head. “He’s comin’ back. You sure about this, V?”

‘Yes, Eddie. I would like very much for us to dance together.’

Eddie’s smile widens, her stupid heart skipping for him to see and hear, but thankfully, he doesn’t comment on it; doesn’t tease or taunt her over it. “How about when we get home tonight, you can come out and we can have our own real dance together?”

There’s a small pause before Venom asks, ‘Is that an innuendo for us having sex?’

Eddie can’t help laughing. Even when he’s grumbling those adorable low growls of disapproval. “OK, I gotta admit, it did sound like that... but no.”

‘Because you do not desire me in that way.’ Comes Venom’s rather choppy (upset) tone.

“V –“ Eddie’s voice is as soft as the next little squeeze she gives his inky hand still grasping hers. ”– you know you’re the reason I don’t bother datin’ anymore. You’re it for me, you big idiot. And I don’t know how we’re gonna work through shit, but we will work through it, ‘cause that’s what you do when you love someone.”

Again, Venom is silent for a few moments as he simply processes her words. ‘So... I am your boyfriend?

Eddie’s only laughing because he’s just too adorable, she swears, she’s really not teasing him. “Yeah, sure, you’re my boyfriend. Not even really a boy, but yeah, OK.”

Venom is simply preening at her words. ‘And you are my girlfriend, Eddie!’ He simply can’t contain his excitement as he thinks the words to her – can’t wait to say it out loud to Annie! He doesn’t even care that Eddie is shooting the Detective a bright smile (the one that he thinks should only be for him... or Annie, Annie is fine, too.)

“So, what’s the verdict?” Patrick asks, tries not to look as hopeful as he feels. He hands her sherry to her, can’t help blushing when she bedazzles him with that lovely smile of hers as she takes the tumbler from him.

Eddie smirks to herself as she sips at her sherry, purposefully taking a couple of dainty sips before placing the glass down onto the nearest table. “Venom would like to dance with me.” She chuckles when she sees Patrick’s slightly disappointed expression. “But I can’t dance to a slow song by myself. So, I would like to dance with you both.”

Patrick chuckles, looks sheepish again as he asks, “You sure he’s not gonna eat me right after for dancin’ with his girl?”

‘I haven’t decided yet.’

“He will not be doing that.” Eddie says... a little too pointedly, it seems, because Patrick arches a brow.

“You tellin’ me that, or him?” Patrick can’t help smirking, can’t help feeling amused... even if he’s still slightly terrified of Venom.

“I promise, he’s not gonna eat you.” Eddie can’t help smiling and feeling deep amusement of her own as she hears Venom’s deflated huff of defeat. “He’s willin’ to share me for a dance.”

‘A dance-dance, not a sex dance! Tell him, Eddie!’ Venom doesn’t care that he sounds like a desperate fool right now. Because he will absolutely eat this guy if he even THINKS –

‘Really, V? Jesus...’ Eddie fights the urge to rolls her eyes or laugh. He really is as ridiculous as he is adorable.

‘Like he hasn’t thought about it.’ Venom grumbles... wonders if the Detective thinks about Eddie that way as much as he does (not possible...) He really is in deeper than even he realised... stupid Eddie.

Eddie doesn’t waste another second, seizes the chance when ‘Hold On’ by The Internet begins to play through the large speakers by the front stage (a rare modern favourite of hers.) She grabs the glass from Patrick’s hand, places it down beside her own. She grins when he shoots her a confused look, simply takes his hand and drags him slowly over to the dance floor. She bites back a laugh when Patrick’s hand falls rather hesitantly to her waist and she hears Venom’s low, but clearly displeased little rumblings. They start off awkward, mainly because Patrick seems like he’s trying not to push any boundaries, but they soon fall into a slow moving sway to the soft beats surrounding them just as the other dancing couples surround them, each lost in their own world. She glances passed his shoulder at one point, smirks back at Anne when the bride-to-be smirks rather suggestively at her from over the groom-to-be’s shoulder as they, too, dance together.

Of course, Venom doesn’t miss the women’s little interaction, and can’t help grumbling out, Mine, Eddie.’ He’s careful not to seep through her dress as he seeps out from the small of her back and wraps a thick tendril around her waist.

And Eddie really should tell him off for being so (ridiculously) possessive, but she can’t help sighing in content at the warmth that spreads throughout her chest. ‘Yeah, V. I’m yours.’

And this time, Venom can only rumble his low and definitely pleased grumbling growls as another tendril seeps out to wrap around her waist. He hugs her tightly and feels as safe with her as she has ever actually been with him in that moment as her body gently sways them to the song... a song that Eddie likes... and now, he likes too.