Keo sighs. "Someone powerful from another realm. Their blood powers this."

Blood? My stomach turns, wondering how exactly their blood is incorporated into this necklace. Suddenly it's not as beautiful as I once thought it was...

"Please tell me they are still alive," I ask nervously. I don't want to be piggybacking off of a dead persons magic.

Keo tilts his head back and forth, processing my words. "She nearly died, but I had pity."

"You're such a generous person," I mutter sarcastically. Sometimes I forget that Keo has a past, and it isn't exactly a pleasant one.

I've accepted at this point that it's easier not to contemplate it.

"Alright, now, are you ready?" He looks over me, as if physically surveying my likelihood for success. Considering my luck recently, I would assume it's low.

I nod despite myself. "What should I think of?"

"Somewhere you want to go."

I turn in my spot, looking nearby. I can't see much, and I don't know this Territory very well, so whatever exists beyond them is not easy for me to visualise.

"Maybe through the trees?" I ask meekly, unsure if I'll even be able to get down the porch steps, even though I have the additional magic.

"I was thinking to another town. There is one nearby," he tells me, pointing in the direction of it.

Knowing the direction and that it's nearby should be enough to get there. But still, I've never tried to get as far as that I'm such an unknown space before.

"Keo...I'm not capable of that," I remind him, my voice shaking.

He gives me a flat look. "You're doubting yourself again."

"How could I not? This is a big step."

He tilts his head back, exhaling slowly. It's as if he isn't sure how to convey this kind of magic to me. I feel so foolish around him sometimes, especially when I consider how much more life he has lived compared to me.

"You won't even recgonise yourself once you use this. Trust me," he assures me softly.

"What do I do once I'm there?"

"I'll come get you," he promises.

I narrow my eyes. The last thing I need it to end up lost in the forest somewhere with Keo unable to find me. If I transport once, there is a chance I won't be able to again for at least a couple hours.

"You better," I mutter.

He smiles. "Alright. Clear your mind."

Closing my eyes, I draw in a steady breath. Slowly by surely, I allow all thoughts of my environment to leave my mind.

Soon enough, Keo slips the necklace into my hand. The cold metal of it makes me shiver, my fingers tightening around it.

"Now, think about transporting yourself as far away as possible. You should be able to make it to the next town," he instructs calmly.

"You'll meet me there?" I ask softly, fighting to restrain my fear from being obvious to him. It's bad enough that this may not work...I don't want him to think it's my doubt that is the problem.

He smiles assuredly. "Of course."

"Okay..."

The setting of the necklace digs into my skin as I visualise transporting myself as far across the Territory as possible with hopes of making it more than a couple feet.