Chapter 34: Weathering Night

Beginne am Anfang

"It's disconcerting how cruel some people can be," I said.

"She dropped the charges against me and found a way to send a letter," Mavielle informed and we watched as she reached into her front pocket. She unfolded a short letter and started reading, "Dear Mavielle, the word 'sorry' wouldn't deliver much comfort to you but it's the only word I can think of in terms of apologizing. I take full responsibility for my actions and I have dropped the charges against you. Having my ass beat is the least I deserve compared to the pain I've brought and caused you. You didn't deserve this. Your mom didn't deserve this. I'm sorry.
*Flamboyant"

"She's unbelievable," Adonna said after Mavielle stopped reading. Mavielle exhaled loudly and tore the paper up into shreds. Then she stood up and began pacing with tears in her eyes.

Adonna and I stood up too at the same time and made an approach to comfort her but she stopped us.

"Don't. Don't."

"Mavielle, it's obviously you're still hurting. This isn't just going to go away. You need time to heal," I advised.

"Heal, how Adani, I don't know how I'm going to do that. Since I found out the truth, I've been seeing my mom every night in my sleep, asking me to help her. I can't eat, I can't even enjoy a glass of water and water doesn't need digesting. I'm losing my mind. And then that bitch thinks she can just pen a letter and apologize!" Mavielle finished with a shout. She stopped pacing and wrapped us both in a hug.

"You have us. You have your family. We'll help you get through this," I said.

"Thank you."

"Come on. Let's get you home," I said. We gathered our plates and glasses and headed back indoors. Adonna and I guided Mavielle to her car. I got into the driver's seat, having knowledge on how worked up she can become when in such a state.

"I'm coming with," Adonna chimed in and climbed into one of the back seats. We drove her back home with her providing the directions to get there.

~

"You two should come in," Mavielle offered as we reached her door. She opened it and we stepped in. It was the first time I've been inside her house and it was a very welcoming feeling.

Photos lined the walls of her and her small family. She offered us a glass of nonalcoholic sparkling wine.

"Where's everyone else?" Adonna asked her.

"My husband is at work and my child is at a summer class."

"You have a beautiful family," I complimented.

"Thanks."

We spent a few more minutes with her then said our byes and caught a cab back to the mansion.

~
That evening, the weather became aggressive with rolls and thunder, striking lightning and heavy rain. Adonna was stuck and it was mentioned on the news that some of the major roads were flooded.

We watched from a window at the entrance as the rain poured down from a quarrelling sky.

"I can't believe this. It was sunny just a moment ago," she said and looked at her wristwatch.

"That weather isn't going to calm anytime soon."

We leaped as a thunder rocked the sky. One of the security guards named Joshua, entered through the front door with a raggedy umbrella and dripping wet.

"It's raging out there," he said.

"You're on the evening shift?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was in the security booth at the main gate but I leaped from my skin when a lightning hit the gate itself. Sparks flew," he explained.

"Oh my. Are you okay?" Adonna asked him.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"No one should be out there in this weather," I said.

"I'll go get some towels. You need to dry off," Adonna said. She disappeared and returned with some towels for Joshua. I watched as they went into a corner and started talking.

I was worried. I looked at the time. Mr. Parriston was late. He must have been stuck while driving home. The roads were flooded and one can only imagine the traffic pile up.

My heart leaped with happiness when a vehicle headlight shone through the glass windows from the driveway. The doors opened and in walked Mr. Parriston.

Thank heavens.

"Good evening, everyone," he greeted.

"Good evening, sir" we answered. I handed him a towel, he accepted and then he disappeared to the elevator.

~
Adonna was going to spend the night. Beth had already left and left the kitchen to us. We prepared a bowl of cereal then sat down in one of the sitting rooms, looking at Netflix.

Joshua and Adonna were awfully close and cuddly and were whispering to each other instead of watching the show.

~

Later on that evening, we retired to our bedrooms. Adonna was going to have the one next to mine and Joshua was on the other side of the mansion.

After midnight, I woke up to get some water from the kitchen and that was when I heard the moaning from sexual pleasure coming from Adonna's room.

"Is she serious?" I questioned myself. My curiosity got the better of me. I listened in. Ear planted on the door.

"Someone is having fun," I heard someone said behind me. I turned around and saw Mr. Parriston standing there with a teacup in his hand.
He took a sip from the cup, winked at me and went in the direction of his office.

I went back into my room until the moment came to an end. I slightly opened my door and peered out and saw a creeping Joshua making his way out.

Adonna walked out after and I followed behind her.

She headed to the kitchen.

"Ohhh, somebody is thirsty," I teased. She looked at me with a smile.

"Let me guess, you heard?" she asked.

"I did. And so did Mr. Parriston," I answered.

"Shit! Oh shit! Are you serious?"

"I am."

"I don't know what I was thinking."

"About getting some."

We laughed. She drank some water and turned to me with a mischievous look on her face, one I've never seen before.

"So, Mr. Parriston is up?" she asked.

"Yeah. He's having tea."

"So he's feeling for something hot. Better yet, it should be someone hot."

"I don't know where you're going with this?"

"Go get you some."

__________________
A/N

Woii Chilleee! The weather does do some things to ppl 💥