1

The velvet sky burned blackness even in the hue of the bright stars.

I couldn't imagine being anywhere else but with James, I loved him regardless of what happened between us, I always wanted to be with him, I was determined to be with him-I needed him just as much as he needed me.

He had problems that I needed to fix, I had problems that he would attempt to fix but we made it through, we argued but he couldn't help it.

Sometimes it went over board, when he would hit me or scream in my face but I understood that it was hard, living with bipolar and anxiety wasn't easy. I tried my best to cater to him and manage my job all at the same time, I felt like I was drowning in a dept of despair and depression.

I pushed it away.

--

"Okay James I'm leaving now..." I grabbed my purse and made a break for the door, He constantly gave me this weird twisted talk whenever I left and I didn't feel like hearing it today.

"Ari? Come here." Sighing softly, I closed the door and turned around to look at him.

James stood atleast six foot, he had the brightest smile with cute tiny dimples that I would always poke at, brisk stubble decorated his cheeks and chin and a black quiff. How I used to adore that face.

"No talking to other men, call me when you leave for lunch, if you're going anywhere but the news studio call me and don't take your sweater off I don't want anybody seeing your arms. It's bad enough you wear those skirts to work."

I hated being bossed around so badly, yet I hated the turmoil more, 

"James, you know my work. I have to look professional, what are you going to do when I get moved up to an anchor? They'll make me take my jacket off and wear more skirts... I can wear this ugly jackets in front of the camera!"

He shook his head, "well then don't move up. Go now, before you become late."

"I love you." I peered up at him through my eyelashes, hoping to catch one in return. 

"Yeah, same." His eyes broke away from mine, the outline of his body disappearing into the dark paradise.  

My legs took me out of the house the physical pain unbearable, but I still loved him. I still loved James.

Justin ~

"Alright honey, I'm just pulling out of the station now." "Be careful today, Justin."

"Of course, you need a man to come home to, don't you?" I chuckled softly, "Yes, I  know I do," I could hear her smile through the phone, "I'll talk to you later." "Of course bye, I love you." the  phone went silence, I assumed June didn't catch the last part.

June was the secretary at work. The dispatch if you will, We were also dating since forever. I loved her so much, she was utterly perfect. 

We had our differences, but I understood. She always had her heart broken when she was younger and found it taboo that I could be so steady and loyal to her.

She joined our team at the bottom of the line, but soon moved up. Jona, my boss and her were close, they said they were close friends in highschool.

Jonah was keen of her and she was keen of him, maybe that's why she moved up so quickly as a secretary.

"Car 565, domestic dispute at 7867 Jaime street." "Over."

I switched lanes to get to the house.

"Alright, hands up step away from the house, walk backward." I got out of my car and began to walk toward the man. "Stop right there okay." 

"Yo man you gotta help me! She kicked me out I didn't do shit!" The man was frantic as I put a hand on his back and began to search and pat him down. "Alright just calm down, I'm going to help."