He propels himself over to the table, tendril shooting out and snatching the phone up. He glares at the screen, when he doesn’t see it’s Annie calling him back after the rather urgent text he sent her last night after Eddie fell asleep (after Eddie agreed to go on a real date with him.) However, annoyed as he is, it’s the Detective calling, and Venom knows he only calls when he needs a favour (as much as the Detective likes to play pretend best friends. He seems to resent Eddie, even after everything that happened with Kasady, and Venom doesn’t like him.) He answers quickly, but doesn’t get the chance to speak first... rude. See? Another reason Venom doesn’t like him.

“Eddie, I need a favour.”

See?

Venom holds in the little snarl, instead, keeps his tone polite as he always does with the Detective (though, only because he’s sometimes useful to Eddie, too.) “It is Venom. Eddie is sleeping.”

“Right. I know it’s real early and all, so, can you tell her to call me back when she wakes up?”

“Of course.”

“Thanks.”

He sounds genuinely grateful enough, so Venom asks, “Is it something I can help with, too?”

Patrick laughs, sounds slightly amused. “No, nothin' like that. Although, you may need to keep an eye on her if she agrees to this favour.”

“Eddie is never in danger when she is with me.” Venom tries not to sound so snooty as glares at the phone.

“Well, good, ‘cause she’ll be interviewin’ a rapist. Behind reinforced glass, of course, but I feel a lot better knowin’ you’ll be there with her. It’s what I was gonna say to you anyway if Eddie agrees to this.”

“Why does he want Eddie?”

“When you’re as smart and as pretty as Eddie is, and you piss off the wrong people, word gets out real fast. Especially in the criminal underworld. These idiots like to think of themselves as Gods.” Patrick scoffs. “Most men do.”

“But you do not.” Venom doesn’t feel sorry for him, but he does believe that.

“With you on her shoulder, Eddie’s more of a God than me.” Patrick laughs, is teasing, but he does mean that.

“I will tell Eddie to call you when she wakes up.”

“Thanks, Venom. Oh, and it’s tomorrow mornin’. Tell her to call only if she’s gonna agree to help. No point in wastin’ both our time.”

“OK. Will do! Bye!” Venom doesn’t have time for this (it’s not even until tomorrow!) He quickly hangs up, puts the phone on silent and then tosses it onto the couch.

“Who was that?”

“Eddie! You’re awake!”

Eddie arches a brow, bites back an amused smile at his cheery tone. “Yeah. Mornin’, V...” She wrinkles her nose, glances back at him and asks, “You burnin’ stuff again?”

“Your breakfast!” Venom’s eyes widen as he finally tears his eyes away from Eddie’s distractingly pleasing to look at face. “NOO!!!” He swirls around and jets back over to the pan.

Eddie purses her lips, still smirking anyway as she slowly follows him over to the kitchen.

“It’s ALL ruined!” Venom’s voice cracks slightly, and he quickly growls loudly in anger to cover it up. “I am going to EAT Patrick’s face!” He roars, picks up the pan and slaps the ruined food into the garbage can.