Strings

NO! Every fucking time we want to watch something! Eddie! Tell them to fuck off or I will fucking tear their tongue out through their ass hole!”

“V, chill. We already knew he was gonna come find us.” Eddie huffs as she places the bowl of popcorn and her beer back onto the table.

“Well, I told you that dating a mutant was bad news!”

When?” Eddie scoffs, rising from the couch. “We only found out he was a mutant two damn hours ago. Stop talkin’ shit just ‘cause you’re pissed at the stupid fire ball guy!”

“I still think you should have let me eat him... and those ridiculous pants!”

Eddie rolls her eyes, pulls her robe around her and shuffles slowly over to the front door. “Hey, pause it, asshole! Don’t be watchin’ it without me!” She hisses with a murderous glare.

“Wha – I... I wasn’t!” Venom’s eyes widen as a tendril scrambles quickly out to grab the remote.

“Oh, yeah, sure.” Eddie mutters, shoots him one last glare before turning to finally open the door. “Well, you’re either very patient with the whole one knock thing, or you knew I was gonna answer the door ‘cause you know I know who you are.” She smiles pleasantly, stops him as she holds up a finger when he opens his mouth to speak. “Not to mention the fact that you know where I live, and that you don’t at all seem surprised to see this guy hangin’ outta my ass.”

“I am not hanging out of her ass!” Venom exclaims, voice slightly high-pitched with his stupid embarrassment (something he never used to feel... until stupid Eddie.)

“I...” Peter stares at the alien as it comes floating over next to her, looks rather bewildered by... it? He shakes his head, remembers that he’s seen a lot weirder in his years, turns his gaze back to Eddie. “I’m sorry about what happened with Cody... And, uh, lying to you... obviously.”

Eddie narrows her eyes at him, but only because she believes him, knows Venom does, too, even if he won’t admit it.

‘Genuine. But he still has stupid hair.’

Eddie bites back a smirk. “OK.” She nods. “Apology accepted.”

“Wait!” Peter exclaims when she goes to close the door on him.

Eddie huffs. “No. I’m not joinin’ your stupid mutant band.”

“We really need your hel –“

“Finish that overused comic book sentence, and I will let him eat you.” Eddie casually bites out, tilting her head towards the floating head beside her.

Venom’s eyes widen as he looks from Eddie in pleasant surprise, eyes then, lighting up in excitement as he inches a little closer to the mutant.

‘V, I’m just tryin’ to scare his stupid ass.’ Eddie holds back a chuckle, but Venom hears the pretty sound in both their minds anyway.

‘I know. Me, too! You’re right, this is more fun sometimes... it especially helps when you let me eat them, too... makes their brains rush... so good...’

Eddie doesn’t know what the fuck, but she actually feels a thrill of her own just knowing that she can scare pretty much anybody she wants. She hates herself for it, but on some level, she really is beginning not to care so much. It’s not hers or Venom’s fault that some people are bad guys and deserve it... She quickly shakes off the thoughts, doesn’t hear anything from Venom, but can still feel the pride through their stupid bond.

‘Not stupid.’ Venom snips, bites back the hurt with all his willpower. ‘Special. I can keep you alive for centuries, if you really wanted me to, Eddie. I can't do that with anyone else.’

Eddie doesn’t know how she ignores that little revelation, because Peter is about to open his mouth again, no doubt with some other cliché –

“Please, Eddie, you know in your heart –“

“Oh, God. Please... please just... stop, stop that.” Eddie groans, shakes her head and stares at him with an “are you serious right now?” look. “You guys are the goddamn X-Men. What the fuck are we gonna add to a group who already has some of the strongest beings in the fuckin' universe?” She arches a brow, doesn’t look impressed at all. “This isn’t –“ She doesn’t realise it, but for the first time ever, she’s the one pulling the strings for them both, just for that split second, just for that one word. ”– gonna be another comic book team-up.”

For a moment, Venom is slightly shocked as he feels the strings of their bond being pulled by her. But then, her words finally sink in and can’t help agreeing as he adds, “And The Avengers are way better!” He pulls himself back into their apartment, turns to her and asks, nay, begs, “Eddie, can I slam the door in his face like they do on the TV?”

“But –“

“Abso-fuckin’-lutely, V.”

"Alright!!!" Venom exclaims, both with excitement and a sense of duty.

Eddie shoots the mutant a smug smirk in return for his withering look.

“Look what the cat didn’t drag in!” Venom chimes smugly as a tendril shoots out and slams the door loudly in the stupid silver-haired mutant's face.

Eddie scoffs out an amused laugh as she shuffles back to the couch. “The fuck was that?

“They always say something funny or rude before they slam the door in people’s faces. I thought I would come up with my own.” Venom states, clearly proud as he floats beside her.

Eddie chuckles quietly as she settles back onto the couch, but not before grabbing her beer and the bowl of popcorn. “I’m so glad you’re not a team player either. I mean, I don’t mind playin’ the hero and all –“

Venom scoffs. “You love it as much as I do.”

“But not as much as you love eatin’ brains, huh?” Eddie smirks when his large whites narrow at her in an all too familiar withering glare.

“I don’t love anything that much.”

Eddie chuckles, clearly very amused at his snarky tone.

Maybe just Eddie that much though... “Can we please just finish our series?” Venom huffs out (almost whines out.) He hates this stupid embarrassment feeling he’s learned to feel, but is still thankful he gets to hide it (even if it makes him feel that annoying guilty feeling.)