Venom sprouts a thin tendril out to slap at her hands when she does that annoying air quote thing (knows she does it just to annoy him.)

Eddie scoffs, looks shocked, then glares and slaps the tendril back.

Anne’s eyes slowly fall shut as the two immediately descend into an actual slap fight. She lets out a tired sigh and lifts a hand from her crossed arms to rub over her face. “Seriously?” She asks as she opens her eyes again. “OK, stop!” She jumps between their little fight, shoves Eddie back and lightly slaps away Venom's little tendrils. “I’m very close to killing you both right now.” She tells them, tone calm, but expression serious as she stares between them.

Venom is visibly upset, can’t help sounding so, too. “He was a bad guy... and I was hungry, and Eddie was tired... I left my favourite bite just for you...”

“What happened to you not bein’ a pet?” Eddie scoffs out with a raised brow. “That’s the kinda shit cats do.” She adds with an amused smirk.

Venom’s eyes narrow as he snaps, “Cats are not pets, they are food!”

Eddie merely rolls her eyes, though, can’t help still smirking.

“OK, ew.” Anne wrinkles her nose in disgust, holds up a hand for him to stop talking. Seriously, she thinks, she handles all this weird alien shit better than Eddie does sometimes. Although, she really does find amusing how her sweet, but slightly dim friend gets so easily flustered and annoyed. “VV...” She says, voice soft and calm as she waits for him to turn back to her. “If you wanna stay Lethal Protector and not end up as an actual bad guy, you can’t just go around killing whoever you want whenever you want. I know you can keep Eddie outta jail, but do you really wanna be on the run for the rest of your life all because you couldn’t control yourself? Do you really wanna do that to yourself, or to Eddie?” She bites back a smirk at that last part, because sure, she knows just which buttons to press. Does she feel guilty for it? Maybe. But it always works on the alien like a damn charm. Like now.

Venom blinks, glances down at the floor and then back up at her. “No.” He says, sounds absolutely defeated (because fuck no, he could never ruin Eddie’s life like that... well, no more than she’s already ruined her own life, anyway...)

‘You little prick! I heard that!’

‘Oops...’ Venom doesn’t bother looking back at her, can clearly feel her anger bubbling again.

‘Fuckin’ “oops” – my symbiote infested ass! Do you even like me?’ Eddie is snappy with him, thoughts filled with fury, but she really does wonder sometimes.

‘Of course I like you! Don’t be stupid!’ Venom snaps back, but doesn’t get to think anything else, because Annie is smiling sweetly up at him.

Anne smiles fondly at his petulant tone. “I didn’t think so. I know you’re better than that.” She adds the last part with an encouraging smile.

Venom grins his toothy grin, though, his eyes narrow over at Eddie when he hears her scoff behind him.

Anne ignores Eddie for the moment, keeps her focus on Venom (knows he has a soft spot for praising. Bless him, he’s like a child... a 400 billion year old child...) “Y’know you two are almost as popular as The Punisher now?”

Really?” Eddie’s eyes widen as she walks closer to her friend. “Now that guy is a badass motherfucker.”

Venom lets out a quiet scoff.

“Oh, I know.” Anne says, uses a hand to fan herself.

Eddie chuckles, looks slightly shocked. “Really, Anne?” She shakes her head. “Sometimes, I don’t believe I know you.” She says, shoots her a mockingly suspicious look.

Anne’s lips pull into a devilish little smirk. “Have you seen him? My God, he is gorgeous!”

“Where the hell have you seen him?”

“Oh, you remember my lawyer friend; Murdock?”

Eddie nods in realisation. “Right. He was Castle’s lawyer. I actually did a cover of that trial.”

“Right.” Anne grins. “Well, I met him. Only for, like, 5 minutes, but my God, he is so polite and sweet –“

“– and a grieving widow..." Eddie smirks when Anne lets out a dismissive scoff. “I guess he is kinda cute.” She finally agrees after giving it some thought.

Venom’s eyes narrow as he listens the two women – as he listens to Eddie... stupid Eddie... stupid Eddie’s thoughts... stupid Castle, whoever the hell this guy is! He quickly delves into Eddie’s memories, pulling up everything on this guy and can’t help the loud scoff that escapes his mouth. “Ohh, so it’s OK when he kills bad guys?” He tries not to sound so upset, he really, does, tries to sound angry instead, offended, even.

“He has an actual code that he sticks to. And most importantly, he doesn’t eat their heads.” Eddie says, shoots him a pointed look.

“You know I have to do that! And you know we can’t afford the amount of chocolate I would need if you want me to stop doing that!” Venom snips, sounds slightly embarrassed (only ever feels that way in front of Annie, because he knows Eddie better, knows she understands him the most... no matter how much she denies it.)

“Eddie, get fucking dressed!” Anne snaps when she sees the older woman open her mouth (no doubt, simply to retort with some witty comeback to her alien... partner... honestly, she doesn’t even know anymore.)

“All fuckin’ right! Jesus!” Eddie hisses, rushes back into her bedroom.

Venom stays where he is, his serpent-like form stretching easily as he lets Eddie wander off. “I really did do it for you, Annie... and for Eddie... but mainly, for you. Not just because I was hungry.” He says, hopes he sounds as sincere as he really is. He may be a working progress, but thanks to Eddie, he’s always does progress, eventually.

‘Thanks, bud.’ Eddie can’t help feeling genuinely touched.

‘Welcome... Now, shut up, and hurry up. I’m hungry.’

‘I will let Annie lock us in that room.’

‘I will tear myself from you before I let that happen.’

Eddie scoffs to herself, knows his sensitive... ears(?) can hear it.

Anne smiles up at him, nods. “I know you did. And it was sweet of you... in the most horrific way, of course, but it’s done now. So let’s all just calm down and deal with this as adults... and symbiote.”

Venom nods, because this is why he likes Annie so much, she’s always calm and level-headed. And most importantly, she keeps Eddie calm, too. Even where he sometimes fails. And if it were anyone else, he knows he would definitely not feel as OK about it as he really does. He knows Annie has Eddie’s back, no matter what, knows he can trust her, too.

“Yeah, OK, great.” Eddie sighs, nods her agreement, pulling her leather jacket on as she comes back out to join them. “Let’s just get this shit over with.”

“Can we get something to eat after, please?”

“Well, since you asked so nicely... no.” Eddie nods, smiles blankly when his eyes narrow. “I’m kiddin’. You can eat the rest of Trevor. There ya go, bud, you get to eat your favourite bite, after all.” She grins, as both she and Venom turn to Annie, who is simply glaring at them both again. Venom glances between the two women as Eddie arches a questioning brow at Annie and asks, “No?”