Chapter 17- Scars

❝𝗪𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘄𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸.❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

FRANKLY, HIZASHI HAD FELT LIKE A THIRD WHEELER

watching Izuku and Hitoshi bond, but still, he was so proud of both of them, should he have recorded this moment? He definitely should have!

What a waste of a lovely memo—

"Wah!! How are you so good at bandaging, Izuku!?" Andd it was just ruined, didn't it?

By the slightly widened eyes of Izuku, and the spark suddenly disappearing in his eyes, the memory was certainly destroyed.

...

Memories of sitting on the bathroom floor, blood leaking from his nose as he bandaged his hands flash in Izuku's eyes.

His eyes almost falling asleep by the tears that dried under his skin, the bandage adding too much pressure and hurting himself even more because the nurse refused to fix him up and he had no idea how to.

Buying his own medical supplies for his wounds, because he didn't want his mother to know, with the little of his own pocket money that he had left that wasn't taken away by his bullies.

A silent breathy 'Oh,' left Izuku's mouth, before he chapped his lips together and retorted to the unanswered question,

I...used to get burns a lot, but thank you, Hitoshi‒san," The corners of his lips curved just whilst his half lids settled into a closed eye smile.

Hitoshi, not noticing Izuku's hesitation, didn't pry, much to the greenette's relief.

"̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶H̶i̶t̶o̶s̶h̶i̶!̶ ̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶n̶o̶r̶i̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶E̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶?̶!̶"̶

̶"̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶.̶"̶

...

Hizashi frowned in the near distance, having been listening in on the conversation.

Sigh...he would have to tell Shota about this.

"I'm still telling Eraserhead about this," He heard a certain greenette say in the distance and immediately paled.

Forget telling Shota about this, first he would himself have to survive Shota!