[26] ● Isolation Is So Contrarian ●

Börja om från början

A pill bottle, prescription, rattling in her lap, Jonathan only had so long left until he'd have to take them again and Lois knew how he got without them.

The way he'd he too tired and foggy to complain about his head made Lois aware he dislike talking them but even Jonathan knew that if he put them off the pain would only get worse spreading from his head to his cast and just as that was setting in he wouldn't complain about Lois handing them to him along with a glass of water.

'So where was he?'

'Had Edge take him to?'

'No I can't think like that Jonathan's just taking his time ... he's fine'

Lois came to a harsh stop at a red light unprepared for such a harsh brake Lois only managed to stop her car half way into the street crossing.

Lois waited with anticipation, her eyes focused on the traffic light that took what seemed like forever to change.

~~~

Lois' windows were down even with the cold. Lois was convinced that she would hear Jonathan before she caught sight of him, Clark had to have been rubbing off on her too much over the years.

There was a rapid knock on a window that wasn't hers.

Lois looked to the side, almost expecting to see Jonathan with a dopey apologetic smile on his face as he would climb into the passenger's seat of her car.

It wasn't Jonathan, it was Larah.

Lois deflated.

Looking like she was looking agitatedly for something too.

At the sight of a look of acknowledgement, Larah rolled down her windows.

"Lois, you haven't seen Kyle have you, got a call saying he didn't show up at work" Larah said loudly, she was wearing night clothes with her hair dressed up in a messy bun, in contrast to her more put together look she held in everyday life.

Lois guessed this wasn't the first time Kyle had gone missing unannounced.

"Sorry, you haven't seen Jonathan by any chance?" Lois noticed her dashboard turned a light green, but did not reveal her engine chose to stay with Larah who didn't look ready to be parted with, just yet

"No, why?" Larah looked more worried about Jonathan than her own husband.

Which from the way that barbecue the Kent's had been invited to never happened Lois wasn't all too surprised and almost flattered.

It was like the Cushing's had taken it amongst themselves to be the non-native Kent's personal guilds to SmallVille.

Lois never had such a tight support system around growing up having to move at her father's jobs whim it often had her feel alone and isolated but here in SmallVille she had those other them her own immediate family to lean on.

"He decided to walk home, but isn't answering his calls" Larah thought for a moment leaning back on her seat before sitting up again.

"Have you tried the back way?" Larah said expecting Lois to know what she was talking about.

"Back way?"

"Ya its behind the school its a short cut we use to take as kids one straight path"

"Thank you, I'll call you if I see Kyle" Lois had heard of it before Clark had described as the place were the stoners went during school instead of taking a test or integrating with the rest of the school population so when Larah used the word 'we' Lois never thought of Clark as antisocial?