53. We're Pregnant

Start from the beginning

"Oh nothing, I said I'll see you in training, Emma", he said moving towards the pack house knowing very well that when someone kept saying her name at the end of sentence it annoyed the hell out of her.

"You sure will Alister", she replied and I could almost see the smoke coming out of her ears.

It's been weeks since the training had started, and even though everyone was trying not to panic everyone was stressed. All the Alpha's were having emergency meeting multiple times a week which was alot, and in between all that trying to manage the security, and also everyday chores of the pack. In between all of that people were also trying to just spend some time with their loved ones not knowing what might happen during the war.

***

EMMA'S POV

After training with Alister I finally was free for a while before we had to go down for dinner, which everyone in the pack house had together these days, the only good thing this whole thing had done for us was that it brought us all together, not us our pack but even all the allies had a mutual understanding among us, even Alpha Warren had become a little cooperative.

I went back to my room to find Ethan on the writing table, he was so focused on whatever he was writing he didn't even see me come in, and when I cleared my throat he almost fell off of his chair.

"Jesus, you scared me Emms", I went to sit on the table trying to peak at the page but he turned it around. "What's that?", I asked. "What's what?", He replied innocently which was wierd because he rarely hid things from me.

"Ethan, I thought in our relationship I was the one who hid things, not you. So what is that?", I asked more persistently.

"It's a letter."

"To who?"

"You."

"Me? Why? What is it that you can't say to me? I'm right here", I said pulling him to stand up and wrapping my arms around me. I could feel the sadness from our bond and that scared me. Lately I've been feeling way too emotional even over little things and it was kind of wierd but I think it was just the stress from the situation.

"Yeah, but it's for future", he replied not meeting my eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?", I searched his eyes for answers.

"Like, if, may, something happen a-and you know, to me and I... um-die?", He finally looked up to me; my whole life I've known this man standing in front of me but I've never seen him so scared and I knew he wasn't scared of dying, he was scared of dying and losing me and losing our future.

The fact that he could even sit there and think about such thing had shaken me. And even though I didn't want to accept it, I knew he was right to worry about the possibility of someone we love dying.

"Don't say it. Saying it makes it more real", was all I could say. Because no matter how strong I become or how many wierd superpowers I developed I was still the same girl deep inside scared of losing the people she loves deeply even after all this I was still scared of letting go.

"I won't say it, but we have to be prepared for whatever comes our way", he said pulling me closer.

"We will be Ethan, we'll be prepared when the time comes", I said. And we just stood there holding eachother savouring the moment.