53. We're Pregnant

Song of the chapter:- Peace by Taylor Swift

****1 WEEK LATER****

EMMA'S POV

"So you're planning on attacking him before he attacks us,are you even sure he's going to attack us?", Alpha Warren asked and in this moment I regretted asking all of them for help, again. But we had to this was our best shot.

After finally recovering we had declared that there was going to be a war and all the people like children, older people and pregnant women were moved into the safe houses where as only the fighters or those working in hospital were allowed to stay out. Everyone was given time to say their goodbyes and get some rest in the last week and then we decided to call our neighbouring Alphas aswell.

Now here we were in the same meeting room with the same people, Alpha Smith looking as if he already knows everything, Alpha Vera looked like she was seconds away from breaking something or punching someone or both,
Alpha Warren being well himself,
Alpha Nick was the only one who looked slightly interested in what was going on.

We could've called other Alphas but these were the oldest and largest packs and also our oldest allies so it was obviously we'd go to them, but the question was if they were willing to trust us in this situation.

"Yes they will attack", I said without looking at any of them but looking at the window that over viewed the training grounds.

"Why should we trust you for all we know you're lying", Warren accused.

"She's not lying, there will be a war and it'll be better if we're already prepared", Smith said.

"Thank you Smith maybe listening it from you will make some of them really believe it", I said.

"So what should we do? ", Alpha Vera asked.

"Prepare for the worst", answered Nick and it was comforting knowing I wasn't the only one preparing for the worst.

The next days were spent on training and planning and plotting, this time Smith had told them how dangerous Donovan could be. All the Alpha returned to their packs, and the security was increased, the air was thick with tension, and everyone knew soonee or later there was going to be war.

***Few weeks later***

ROSE'S POV

I can hear footsteps following me, as I tried to hide behind the huge tree making sure that nobody can hear me, it was too silent around me, I can hear my own breath, the cold wind harshly hitting my face, I tried to make sure not to step on any dry leaves that'd give away my location but it was impossible at this point and just as I took one step I felt him sneak up on me.

The tip of the cool knife on my neck, as arms wrapped around my neck from behind, I tried to reach into my pocket for a small blade Alister once gave me but before I can even move I was slammed back into the tree, "this feels familiar doesn't it?" My mate asked with a arrogant smirk I wanted to kiss or slap away from his face.

"Oh no, it doesn't to me", I said even though I knew my face was bright red and it was not because of the wind.

"Well then, I guess we will have to remind you", he said as he stepped closer anticipation pouring out of him but before he can even take one more step we were intrupted by my best friend

"Stop making out we're supposed to be productive during this time, not reproductive", she said removing some dirt from her hair which must've got there because of training.

"We'd make out if you let us, Emma", Alister mumbeled.

"What? What was that? I didn't hear you?", She asked even though we were preety sure she heard him.