Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Heh. Eevee, use Tackle."

Eevee pounced at Ralts, the wind booming around her.

Before Ralts could Teleport, I shouted: "Teleport!"

Eevee disappeared.

"Ralts?" Ralts said as she tried to discern where Eevee would end up at.

"Vee!" she heard as Eevee appeared above her.

'Teleport!" I shouted.

Eevee heeded my order, disappearing again.

Ralts started to look around in confusion, almost squirming as she realized she didn't know when Eevee would attack or when she would feint.

Eevee and I continued doing this, not giving Ralts a chance to attack or do anything, really. My true plan wasn't to confuse Ralts.

It was to charge up Eevee's Mega Tackle.

Each time Eevee was reappearing, she was faster, until she was nearly a blur of brown and tan, her form becoming less clear at every interval.

Ralts attempted to use Confusion or Disarming Voice, but it proved to be fruitless as Eevee would Teleport away.

It was then that Ralts made a mistake.

Before Eevee could reappear, she teleported just before she did. Eevee reappeared and promptly disappeared.

And when Ralts showed herself once more, Eevee chose the time to also show herself, releasing all the built-up momentum and speed.

Ralts could barely look around as a blur slammed into her, a sonic boom ringing through the air, the biggest and most powerful Tackle ever destroying the area around her.

Ralts flew into a tree, the force enough to crack it. It fell to the ground, saying, "Ralts..." as she realized she lost.

It was a battle of Teleport. Every time Eevee appeared, she would get faster, until she began to outspeed Ralts even if she teleported.

Ralts was weakened, so it was time.

"Now!" I grabbed a pokeball and threw it at Ralts. I miscalculated the angle, so it looked like I was going to miss it.

"Eevee!" Eevee said, before saving the attempt as she used her tail to bat the pokeball back in the right direction, hitting Ralts.

The pokeball opened and shot out a beam of bluish-white light, which hit Ralts. On impact, the Ralts began to shrink, until she was swallowed by the pokeball. The ball fell to the ground.

I held my breath as I waited.

It shook once.

"Come on..." I pleaded.

"Vee..." Eevee said in anticipation.

Two shakes.

Please catch. Please catch. I mentally begged.

Three shakes.