Collin begrudgingly puts his hand out and I shake it, locking in our deal. "This is gonna suck," he mumbles.

"There's one problem with this deal," I say hesitantly.

Collin looks unamused. "What?"

"I don't really know how these things work," I've never been to a school dance. Especially not with a bunch of kids in fucking designer dresses and perfectly trailered suits.

Collin smirks. "Ah, a rookie?" He's so fucking annoying and cute it's gross. When I only offer him an annoyed glance, he continues. "Don't worry, I'll lead our dances. I'm pretty skilled."

I can't tell if he's lying or not, but I don't care. The way he's talking I think I'd trust him with anything.

I stand up confidently. "Then show me how." I cross my arms in front of my chest and wait for him to react.

He keeps his face stoic and stands up, that stupid smirk he's been wearing lately on his lips. He puts his hand out to me. "May I have this dance?"

I fucking giggle like an idiot and take his hand. "You may,"

His soft masculine hand grips mine as he leads me onto the dance floor. Ironically, it's a fast paced song that I haven't heard. It's far too awkward to dance to and I don't plan on grinding up against him like the rest of these horny ass kids.

Collin and I just stare a knowing look, laughing with each other. His smile is so handsome it nearly stops my heart.

"Collin?" A male voice says from behind me. I see Collin look at whoever the voice is, his eyes widening, that smile I've come to love disappearing.

I turn around and instinctively step back to lean against Collin. He wraps a protective arm around my waist as he stands to his full height.

"Davis," Collin says lowly.

"Surprised to see you here, and with a hot date no less," the boy trails his eyes up and down my body, shamelessly checking me out.

Collin's hands clench my waist tightly and my entire back is against his front as if he's scared Davis' eyes will hurt me.

"The hot date has a name and her body is definitely not for your eyes," I smartly respond to his disgusting glares. I rest comfortably into Collin's arms to emphasize my point.

"What do you want, Davis?" Collin asks.

Davis raises his hands innocently. "I was just shocked to see you. I thought you were too miserable to be seen in public," the asshole shrugs as if it's the most normal thing to say and I fight the urge to knee him in the dick.

"It's sweet that you care," Collin responds dryly. I can see that he's tired of whoever this Davis kid is, and it breaks my heart to see the exhaustion he wore so well in Orchard Hills come back.

I can tell Davis is trying to think of another snarky comment so I quickly interject. "Look, I get you've missed my date here, but unfortunately he asked me to the dance tonight and not you," I look into Davis' shocked eyes and smirk evilly.

"Now, Davis was it?" I pause as if he'll respond but his eyes only narrow. "If you don't mind, I'd like to enjoy a dance with my boyfriend now."