Chapter VII: My Divorce

Spencer's POV
Two Weeks Later

"If we send one more receiver on this play, it's no way the defense can pick it up!" My offensive coordinator says and I nod as he begins to draw arrows on the whiteboard I have in my office.

Knock, Knock

"Am I interrupting?" I hear Liv's voice and smile as she pulls up a chair.

Ever since her engagement and the night of Patience's party, I've been focused on being as supportive as possible to my best friend.Even if I don't think Darnell and her are ready for marriage.

"What's up, baby girl?" I ask as she leans over for a hug and kiss to my cheek.

"What about the other side of the ball?" Our coordinator questions the defensive coach sitting across the room.

"So this is how you've won all of these games?" Liv questions before laughing. "You just let them do all of the work!"

"C'mon, you know I'm the mastermind behind all of this," I whisper as we slightly distance ourselves from the coaches' discussion.

She giggles before I hear my phone vibrate in the top drawer of my desk.

I pull it open and grab my phone before attempting to use face recognition. But it's unsuccessful.

"It probably doesn't recognize you from that scruffy beard," she mumbles and I smile as I realize this is my wife's phone.

"Shit, I've had my head in this playbook all day. I didn't even realize this isn't my phone." I say to myself as I press the numbers to unlock it.

"What's up?" Liv asks as she notices the expression on my face changes

"Nothing. I need you to ride with me," I answer and she doesn't hesitate as we walk out of my office.
__________________

I don't say much as I drive to the restaurant where I believe I'll find my wife is having dinner with another man.

"Were  you hungry?" Liv asks as we park out front. "I really can't stay. I'm supposed to be meeting Darnell for dinner later tonight."

I ignore her because my mind is too focused on the message I read in my wife's phone.

I get out of the car before opening her door.

"C'mon," I tell her and she finally questions the real reason why we're here.

"Wait, what happened on that phone, Spence?"

I reach out my hand and she grabs it before slightly pulling her inside.

"What are we doing here, Spencer?" She asks as my eyes scan the restaurant and quickly lock in on a secluded booth with a pair of, unlikely, love birds nestled in the seat.