Chapter 5 - A Lovely Lily of The Valley

Start from the beginning

My eyes widened in fear when I noticed the blood trickling downwards from beneath my hairline.

"N-No, I don't want to end it like this! I'm finally living a good life, yet, and yet... I can't!!! Husband-sama!!!"

I screamed with tears streaming down my face as I turned around for help, but I immediately stopped short after seeing something happening to the man.

"Shut up, you noisy b*tch! I told y—"

*Zaaaap*

In the next moment, the man suddenly exploded. There were no traces of blood, but the explosion was played out as if blood should have splattered everywhere on the ground.

The blast itself caused a wave to ripple outward in all directions.

It knocked me down, threw up dust clouds, and obscured my vision for several seconds until they settled back into place.

A small, transparent contorting ball suddenly surfaced in the air from where the man blew up.

It seemed like some sort of magical construct made entirely of glassy light. I could see through its surface without breaking a sweat, enough even though it did not appear to look translucent at first glance.

"Ahhhhh, noooo!!"

The small ball slowly and gently draws me into it, engulfing my whole body in a steady succession.

I feel myself being pulled toward the center of the glowing orb, which seems almost too large to contain inside such a tiny vessel. As I am drawn inward with increasing speed, everything around me is blotted out by darkness...

I lost consciousness for a while...

Afterward, I found myself being pushed out by an unknown great force from a massive opening, directly falling into a black stone-hard surface.

"Ahhhhh, that hurts!"

I squealed from the pain after falling down on firm, rough ground. It was cold as well... with the contact made by my skin... the floor gave me a chilling sensation.

A deep silence enveloped me... so much deeper than any soundless vacuum I had ever experienced. But then there came something else, far more disturbing -- a sense of intense pressure pushing against every inch of my skin.

"!!!"

This place is...

I turned my head to look around the place. A spacious open room is in view.

An enormous dark, lusterless room, populated by a peculiar and dense atmosphere, is occupied by a faint, black figure... There is nothing to see but the standing-out object in the distance a few steps away from me...

My eyesight has improved significantly since entering this place. The walls and ceiling appear to be composed entirely of swirling patterns of shadow. From somewhere beyond them, a dull glow can occasionally be seen.

The aura emanating from the body sitting on the throne is grim and suffocating, just from looking at it. And the hefty, bending ring surrounding its head is like trying to obliterate my presence...

"W-Who...?"

There was no response. I can't see the figure clearly from my current position. It's as if it doesn't allow me to see it directly.

Even when I move closer, still... I won't be able to make anything out except for the vague outline of what looks like a human silhouette.

I slowly move and walks toward the body sitting on the sinister throne to take a good look.