It all starts with a duel Part 1

(Heyyoo everyone Jackal here with a quick one , just to state the timeline of this series it occurs after the events of vrains like a few years after, also their will be my own cards sprinkled into this as well just not now, and as per yugioh tradition their will be a new summoning method created by Y/n, I already got somewhat  of an idea but if you have any ideas to feel free to comment. Now that is out of the its finally time to start the first actual full chapter of this adventure)

[3rd person POV]

Previously on Yu-gi-oh! D-Space we saw our hero, Y/n chasing after his sister, both overjoyed to finally prove their worth at the Duel Academy Entrance Exam. Afterall it was the only reason they moved to Neo Domino City a few months prior. 

Getting back to our heroes we see them both panting and wheezing from their race in front of the gates of the duel academy.

[Y/n POV]

I knew that Duel academy would be impressive but the real thing goes beyond my expectations. We were both standing by the entrance gate that could only be described as ...... massive. Its metal frame glistening in the sunlight with the head of the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon as its mantel. I could see many duelists of different ages and sizes pouring through the gates excited for their exams, some were trading cards , some were even practicing in the courtyard , it truly got my heart pounding, but that could also be that I exhausted.

M y lungs felt like they just had a run in with a chilli-dog because they were on fire. I was sweating and trying to catch whatever breathe I had left. My hands resting on my knees.

Y/n : 'Damn I am out of shape'    

I thought to myself  before finally looking over next to me seeing  Savanah also trying her hardest to catch her breath, I could not help but crack a smile at this, even though I was 100 Lp close to passing out.

Y/n (huffing): You .....know.....that....I won ...right.

Sav looked at me with anger and with annoyance you could practically feel it radiating off of her.  Next thing I knew she was pulling me closer to her by the ears. Her eyes narrowed as if she was the predator and I was her prey. God someone help me.

Savanah : WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY LOSER!!!

My ears were ringing as if a grenade just went off  right next to me. All I could see was her mouth moving not taking in what she was trying scold me about still pulling on my ears. And to think we were actually having fun not so long ago...... sisters am I right.

This torture carried on for about a minute with me pleading her to let go but she was stubborn, must get it from our mother. That's when I heard the clacking of footsteps drawing nearer to us.

???: Hello, are you two wanting to participate in the duel exam.

We finally look up , Sav stopped pulling on my ears, as we tried to see who was this unknown voice.

???: My name is Mika Ashido I am a 3rd year here at duel academy and I am assigned to bring help newcomers to the exam venue.