Halloween Special Part 2: Project Gallahad

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," the Director sighed, relaxing as he took a sip, going silent before speaking up again, "have you seen (Y/N)? I have something that I need to show him."

"(Y/N), hmm?" Lucia drifted off, speaking after thinking for a moment, "Last thing he told me was that he was going to the camp where Leo Knight is being held."

"Correction," (Y/N) suddenly spoke from the doorway, spooking the two of them, "he was being held at that camp, but I sent him on his way."

"And... where did you send him, love?" Lucia asked after having recovered her wits.

"Straight to Hell," the High Marshall nonchalantly replied.

"Please tell me you only shot him," Jaune groaned, face-palming along with Lucia.

"The bastard didn't deserve it. After all, he was a fucking pedophile, so I decided to give him a dose of gas."

Lucia and Jaune sighed again, shaking their heads in unison.

"A simple execution would have sufficed," Lucia muttered, looking at her husband with irritation, "but what's done is done. Although, how did you know that Leo was a pedo?"

"Back when our borders were open as part of our repatriation efforts, a few families and their children were the victims of Leo's tyranny. For a supposed democracy, they are quite... fanatical and authoritarian."

Both Lucia and Jaune nodded, although they kept quiet about how they felt. To them, the Black League was sometimes just as bad as the Southern Free State or maybe even worse. Although, those days have long since passed and the Black League has strived to free themselves from their actions.

"Anyways," (Y/N) spoke up once again, turning to Jaune, "you told Lucia that you wanted to show me something...?"

"Ah, yes," Jaune stated, standing up and handing a document to the power armored giant, "the prototype has been completed and a test site has been established. Weiss and Winter have also begun working on upscaling it. However, they are waiting for the results of the test before continuing their work and starting production on the first versions."

"Very well," the High Marshall nodded, smiling under the helmet, "how about the reactors? I assume they are working as intended? All safety measures in place?"

"Yes (Y/N). The facility has been established in a secure environment, away from the city and from our foes to the south. A contingent of Storm Guard has been stationed there and with the newly rebuilt train lines; a steady stream of supplies between us and the facility will keep them satisfied."

"Alright... anything else I should know?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow as he looked at a nearby clock.

"Hades Air Base has been recently completed," Jaune continued, "they are currently building up their air wings and salvaging several air ships. And as for our naval forces... we only have a placeholder fleet of salvaged frigates."

"At this point in time, we should focus on our air forces. Our army is fine, perfectly capable of shredding the competition. However, we need proper air support. Have you been able to salvage any of the pre-war supersonic designs?"

"Unfortunately not. The databases were corrupted beyond belief and whatever paper copies we had were all ruined by moisture."

(Y/N) sighed, obviously disappointed. Although, he quickly brushed it aside as he turned back to face Jaune.

"That's too bad," the High Marshall huffed, "Ah well. No use crying over spilled milk. Anyways, let's get to the test site. I want to see the fruits of our labor."