Chapter 10: Two Siblings

Start from the beginning

"It's even more beautiful than the rest of the forest," Trinity said with awe as she looked around, completely captivated by the sight.

"I swear, everyday the world seems much bigger and more beautiful," I said with equal amounts of admiration.

"I know, right?" Trinity agreed.

Gardevoir casted us a glance that warmed up slightly. I'm pleased that you think of it that way. It takes many pokemon to keep the forest this way. The closer you are to us, the more obvious the effects of our psychic powers become.

"You mean to say that you guys do this?" Trinity asked.

Of course. Kirlia said. There are many Psychic-type pokemon in this meadow. Their psychic abilities combined can manipulate the environment around us.

He was right. Pokemon were mysterious creatures that broke the laws of nature and sometimes even changed them. We didn't know the extent of their strange abilities, not even by a long shot.

"But what about the Beedrills that attacked us?" I asked.

Gardevoir's face twitched in what I assumed to be agitation. We will discuss that soon. Come, let's continue walking.

We continued to follow her through the meadow, which seemed to form a path that led into the endless sea of trees, going in between them. On the way there, we saw many different pokemon.

There was a large amount of Ralts, who were small pokemon whose white bodies formed something like an oversized gown that dragged across the floor as they walked. They had strands of green hair that looked like it was fashioned into a bowl cut, which covered pretty much their entire face. They had two red horns; one that protruded from the back of their heads, and the other that extended from the front. They looked like smaller versions of Gardevoir and Kirlia. The Ralts hid behind trees as they watched us, as if trying to see something in us. I could barely make out the pairs of red eyes that peaked from under their hair.

I held my pokedex out.

"Ralts, the Emotion Pokemon. It uses the horns on its head to feel the emotions of people and pokemon. If its trainer is in a cheerful mood, it will become joyous and happy in the same fashion." Rotom explained.

Ralts is the pre-evolution of Kirlia and Gardevoir. Each of them had something to do with emotions. They were prime examples of pokemon and humans living in harmony and peace. These pokemon were some of the most compatible partners for Pokemon Trainers, because of how much they could understand us.

"There are a lot of Ralts," Trinity noted.

"Pika," Pikachu agreed.

Gardevoir nodded. Some of these are my offspring. I personally raise most pokemon in this forest so that they learn to defend themselves.

"Defend themselves from what?" I asked.

From a strange phenomenon that I cannot explain or comprehend. One that corrupts pokemon.

Trinity and I shared a look. Eevee looked at me with sudden urgency "So, if theoretically, a pokemon were to be engulfed in darkness, would that be an example of a "corrupted" pokemon?" I asked with wariness.