Tor cleared his throat. 'Now, take off your pants.'

Awkwardly, Chloe slid off him and did so. She climbed back on top. It was easy. Why was it so easy?

'You're so beautiful.' There was a hitch in Tor's throat.

Chloe swept the hair from her breasts. 'Are you okay? You look sick.'

'You're worried about me?' He licked his lips. 'I haven't seen you properly yet, you know. Not like you have me.' He dropped his eyes to her breasts. 'And I haven't seen a woman in a very long time.'

A woman. He said a woman. Not a girl.

'Maybe, maybe I could tell you what to do,' Chloe said.

'That sounds even better.'

'Touch me again,' she said. 'Touch me between the legs.'

Chloe closed her eyes as he lightly dragged his finger down along her slit. 'Do it again.'

He obeyed.

'Can you—can you put your finger inside me? Just a little?'

'Tell me what to do,' Tor said. 'Don't ask me.'

'Put your finger inside me. Just a little.' Chloe bit her lip. The last time she attempted it, it had hurt.

Chloe winced and closed her eyes at a sting. 'Stop, that's enough.'

When she opened her eyes, Tor looked worried.

'It's supposed to hurt,' she said. 'The first time.' She could feel the anxiety building again. If she took anymore time, she was going to bail. She knew it. 'Please. Let's just do it.' She was aching inside. She felt wet. Her body was ready. It was only her stupid mind. Too many movies. Too many warnings from school. Too many fear tactics from her father. Aisha had done it, she reminded herself. And she was smaller than Chloe was. It gave her comfort.

'Now,' Chloe said. 'Stop looking at me like that. Take off your clothes.'

Chloe pulled off him as he stood from the bed and stripped off. She closed her eyes. If she saw it ... if she were to remind herself how huge it was ...

Eyes still closed, she lay down in the pillows and held out her arms. 'Get on top of me.'

The mattress sank. The pillow did the same as she imagined him bracing his hands into it. 'Kiss me while you do it,' she told him. 'And do it quickly. Don't stop. Don't stop if it hurts.'

'I don't know ...'

'Do it!' she snapped. She almost giggled crazily. When had she become so bossy?

Her hips were aching. The whole length of her channel was sore, craving him to fill it up. How could she fear and desire something so much? She remembered being outside in space. She remembered how terrified she'd been stepping out into the unknown. To feel nothing beneath her feet. To be so close to the "other side". To imagine her own death. Her fears drained away. That had been so much scarier than this. She opened her eyes.

'Are you okay?' he said.

She nodded, then reached up to touch his cheek. To never experience loneliness. To never face the empty blackness by oneself. The thought made her chest swell with happiness.

'Do it, Tor. I want you inside me. I want to be with you. Please.'

She reached up to kiss his mouth. Then she was lying back down in the pillow as he kissed her back. Her heart was racing as he pressed his hardened tip against her. He pushed in slowly, then quickly as Chloe grabbed his backside, encouraging him to continue. A sharp sting made her kiss him harder.