12 || beloved

"there was no cause for concern

"there was no cause for concern."

.

.

.

.

Third POV

Tsutako Tomioka was a liar. A very good liar. Though she was sweet, and always was straight forward, and wise, and all the nicest things/words in the book. She was that of a liar, and there's no denying that. Upon using her body to pay the bills to help with medical bills, the real reason was to help her father. Their father was still alive, but in a hospital bed. The only person who knew that of course, was Tsutako. She told Giyuu that both of their parents past away. She didn't want him helping her out with at least one thing, she wanted him to focus on school, and his career of what he wanted to be when he grew up. She told herself that when he got older, she'd tell him.

As you can see, she hasn't done that.

Their father, Gaoru Tomioka was fine actually. He had just been discharged out of the hospital recently after being able to beat his condition. The reason he was in a hospital bed in the first place was because of stress. He had a stroke, and Tsutako was the one to find him - at the time, Giyuu was only 4, so he doesn't remember the incident as well as Tsutako does. Though he does recall hearing faint crying, and screaming, and his sister hiding him in a closet and telling him to wait there until help came, he was still unable to remember the full story. Maybe if he did, he would clearly see that his father was taken to the hospital, never to be seen or heard from again.

That's at least what it would seem like from Giyuus' point of view. Which is why Tsutako played it off by simply telling him that their parents past away. Though, their actually did mother pass after having Giyuu, their father was a single father, who managed 3 jobs in order to keep a roof over their head, and food on the table. Most of the time Tsutako was taking care of Giyuu while their father worked. He would always make it up to her by buying her favorite sweets, or dresses he'd thought she'd like. It was the thought that counted to Tsutako, and she admired every gift he gave her.

Giyuu was a crazy kid, being 4 and almost always bouncing off the walls. He had a lot of energy then, and it drove Gaoru mad. The poor man ended up with gray hairs before he even reached 33. He had Giyuu when he was 29, and if Sabito ever got the chance to meet the old man, you could say that the two look exactly alike. Gaoru didn't really age, in fact the only thing that had changed was his hair color. Even then, the streaks of gray were only that - streaks of gray. For the most part, his hair was still naturally black, and after all that, he was only 52.

Sabito honestly wasn't prepared to have this bombshell dropped on him. Especially since he hated keeping secrets from Giyuu, but Tsutako does finally admit to him that their father is indeed alive, and well, and currently living with her at her house.

"Why haven't you told him this?"

Sabito asks this before taking a long sip of his smoothie from his straw. They were at a restaurant, and they had stopped there for something to eat since ring hunting wasn't going as planned. Sabito was thinking about just letting her order the rings from that shop earlier from online just to make things quick and simple. Tsutako pouts, tossing a fry into her mouth, "I was going to, but then he met you, and then you said you wanted to marry him, and I got all caught up in that especially since it's important to you, and important to me." She explains, this causes the male to quirk up an eyebrow, resting his chin in his hand. "More important than you telling him about how you've literally been lying to him about you guys' father being dead for years?" Of course, this was just Sabito being sarcastic, and it doesn't go unnoticed by Tsutako.

She rolls her eyes, slouching in her spot before looking around the restaurant as she spoke. "It's not like I ever actually wanted to lie to him. I love him, he's my baby brother." She admits, before looking back at him, and the look in her eyes just tugs on Sabitos' heart strings just a bit. "Are you trying to guilt trip me into staying on your side or something?" He eventually asks, narrowing his eyes at her as he picks up his burger. "Yeeesss..is it working?" She grins, earning a groan of defeat from Sabito as he leans back in his spot from sitting across from her, causing her to laugh a bit.

"If you want..you can meet our dad and ask for his blessing before the wedding?" She suggests, giving a slight smile.

Sabito takes a bite from his burger, giving it some thought. If anything he should probably be giving Sanemi his blessing, not sitting here trying to get his lovers' supposed 'dead' fathers blessing, but that seemed more important despite not hearing from his sister for weeks now. It was giving him anxiety and he was getting jittery so he was doing shit to berid the thought of her. He's wondering how long it'll be until he gets a call or text from their dad telling him to make up with Makomo.

With a lazy shrug, he nods his head. "But, on one condition." He starts, and Tsutako perks up at this, sitting up straight in her spot as she leans in, listening closely to what the other has to say. "Giyuu has to come with." Tsutako quickly opens her mouth to say something, but Sabito puts his hand up into a stop sign to prevent her from saying anything. "Not only am I seeing you in private, I'm also going to see his dad. The dad that's supposed to be dead, might I add. If I just somehow pop up with your dads blessing, he's gonna be wondering when I did, where, and how. So let's not be stupid here, because we both know how Giyuu can get when he feels betrayed or lied to." Sabito deadpans, watching as Tsutako gives him a blank stare after some time before facepalming and using that same hand to tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Fine. Let's go get him."

"Deadass?" Sabito questions, watching as she gets up from her spot, clearly ready to settle this feud right now. She looks back at him after slamming her money for the waiter onto the table, staring right into his lavender eyes with her ocean blue ones.

"I'm deadass, Urokodaki. Let's go."

.

.

.

.