Part 12: He's a Good Zombie

Inside the Sanderson cottage, Winifred, Mary, and Sarah all lay in a heap on the floor. They slowly opened their eyes.

"You're so easy to fool," Max smirked proudly. "It's quite embarrassing for you, I imagine."

Sarah beamed. "I am alive!"

"Not for long," Dani coughed.

Winifred scowled as Sarah hugged her. "That boy! He tricked us again!"

Max looked smug as the witches glowered at the screen.

Mary nodded. "You're right! You're always right."

"You flatter me, Mary," Winifred chuckled.

"It's my curse. That, and you two." She glared at Sarah. "Get off me you thundering oaf!!"

"You love us," Sarah chuckled, dancing in her seat.

Winifred rolled her eyes, "regretfully."

"Sorry."

The sisters all stood up and approached the fallen cauldron. Winifred noticed the Black Flame Candle, "Look, the candle's magic is almost out. And my potion, my beautiful potion. Look, there's just enough left for one child." She looked at Sarah. "Get the vial."

"Place your bets," Dani smirked, "who do you think the lucky kid will be?"

"None," Gilbert and Cassie replied.

Izzy shook her head, "I think it'll be Dani."

"It'll be Max," Becca stated after a moments pause.

Meanwhile, Max was trying to get through the large crowd of children heading towards the Sanderson Cottage. "Come on! Move it!"

"Such a waste..." Mary sighed sorrowfully.

Back at the Sanderson Cottage, Winifred was pouring the potion into a vial that Sarah held. Winifred snatched it off of her once it was full, "Oh joy, what luck, this is perfect for that little toe headed brat!"

"Well, that's rude," Dani pretended to be offended.

Sarah smirked as she popped a lollipop in her mouth with a flourish.

"We have a child." Sarah looked at Ice and Jay.

"I do not wish to cause thee any discontent... but if thou had just listened to me, we would have lived beyond that night." Sarah shrugged with a begrudging grimace.

Winifred ripped the lollipop out of her mouth and threw it across the room.

They pointed at each other. "Him!"

"Wow," Allison scoffed, "what good friends."

Mary opened the window and beamed. "And look, Winnie, more children are arriving. Come on in." She wheezed.

"I sang for nothing..." Sarah frowned in disappointment.

Sarah grinned excitedly as she grabbed her sister's arm. "Winnie...Winnie, we'll make more potion, because, we...we have the book!"

"I have to appreciate your positivity, Sarah," Izzy admitted. "It's so contagious."

Sarah gasped, "like the plague?!"

"Um... no?"

"We haven't the time!" She snapped. "Besides, I want to get that little rat faced kid that called me..."

"Rat faced and toe-headed??" Dani huffed. "I wonder what the next insult will be."

Mary shook her head. "Don't say it. Just don't say it."