Part 9: The Oven

The scene showed 'Jacob Bailey High School.'

"Hey, that's what our school used to be called," Becca smiled.

"What's it called now?"

"Skelton High," Izzy smirked.

Dani chuckled, "how fitting."

The sisters walked up to the deserted school. "What is this place?" Sarah asked.

"It reeks of children."

"It is a prison for children." Winifred replied.

The teenagers chuckled in agreement.

The screen showed Max in the principals office talking on the microphone. He spun around in a chair and howled, "Welcome to High School Hell. I’m your host, Boris Karloff, Jr." He slammed the mic on the metal table. "HAHAHAHAHA!" He cackled evilly.

"You are having way too much fun with that," Allison chuckled.

"Heyy," Max chuckled. "I think I would've been a pretty good radio presenter, what do you think?"

Dani scoffed, "absolutely not."

In the hallway, the sisters could hear him talking over the PA system. They're confused.

Max wore sunglasses as he jumped on the desk and spoke through the microphone. "It’s time to meet our three contestants: Sarah, Mary, and Winifred Sanderson. Read any good spell books lately?"

"I don't think so, no," Mary answered Max's question.

"Where did you get the sunglasses from?" Allison laughed.

"I found them on the desk," Max grinned. "I guess they belonged to the principal."

The sisters spotted Binx sitting in the middle of the corridor. Mary barked. The sisters stood in formation before marching towards the cat. "Get him!"

"Why do you do that?" Becca asked with a curious smile.

"Do what?"

"The synchronised walking."

"'Tis fun," Sarah beamed, giggling slightly.

"-and it allows us to stay together and not get lost," Winifred stared at Sarah with a pointed scowl.

They stopped their march when they heard a woman's voice. "Hello, welcome to the Library." She repeated the phrase in French.

The sisters followed the voice; trying not to make a sound. They paused just outside of a large pottery kiln that the art students used to harden their molds. The sisters ran into the oven excitedly; thinking that they had just caught someone.

"You just walked straight into our trap!" Dani cackled.

Winifred scowled at her, "curse you!"

"I'd like to see you try."

"We've got them! We've got them!!"

"You celebrated a bit too early there," Gilbert smiled.

They stopped and looked around in confusion as they realized that the woman’s voice was coming out of a stereo. The sisters walked over to it: speaking to it and poking it.

"How was a person speaking from the strange box?" Mary questioned, tilting her head. She popped open a bag of cheese puffs.

"Oh, um..." Cassie paused, "it's called a stereo. It's a recorded message of a person's voice."