Part 4: Trick-or-Treat

Max is seen carting Dani around to different houses so she can go trick-or-treating. The people in Salem obviously love Halloween.

"Those decorations are awesome!" Cassie beamed at the screen. She always loved to decorate her own house during the days leading up to Halloween.

Dani walked away from a brightly decorated house. She walks to her brother, who keeps checking his watch. "Lighten’ up, Max."

"Can we go home now?"

"No."

Max smiled at his little sister. He loved her bluntness.

Max stopped Dani as he noticed Jay and Ice harrassing some kids for their candy. Ice smashes a pumpkin.

"Not these guys again," Gilbert rolled his  eyes. "I remember them. They stole my candy when I was a kid!"

"They're assholes." Max grimaced.

Max goes to walk in the opposite direction. "Let’s just go this way." Dani rolled her eyes, ignoring him. She heads straight for Jay and Ice. "Dani!"

"Oh my goodness!" Thackery face-palmed in frustration.

"I wasn't going to be afraid of two annoying bullies." Dani shrugged.

Ice held his leg up so Dani couldn't pass. "Ding ding. Ding ding."

Jay smiled. "Stop and pay the toll, kid."

"Ten chocolate bars, no licorice."

"I don't like licorice either, I don't blame him," Cassie stated.

"Dump out your sack!"

Dani scowled. "Drop dead, moron."

"Your insults just keep getting better and better," Izzy chuckled.

Ice laughed humourlessly. "Yo, twerp. How’d you like to be hung off that telephone pole?"

"They're threatening eight-year-olds now?" Izzy exclaimed in disbelief. "What assholes."

Dani scoffed. "I’d just like to see you try it. Cause it just so happens I’ve got my big brother with me. Max!"

"It's nice that she thinks so highly of you, Max," Thackery chuckled.

Ice and Jay pretend to be scared. "Hollywood. Oh no..." they hug and everyone laughs.

Jay smirked as Max walked towards them. "So you’re doing a little trick-or-treating?" He turns to Ice. "Ding dong!"

"Wooooo!"

Allison blinked slowly. "So strange..."

Billy leaned towards Gilbert and murmered, "I am unsure of what is happening..."

"Two.. um.." he tried to find the right words, "two foolish teens attempt to steal a child's candy."

"Oh."

Max faced him. "I’m taking my little sister around."

"That’s nice." Jay circled him. "Whoa, I love the costume. But what are you supposed to be? A New Kid on the Block?" He laughs uproariously.

"He's really not funny..." Becca grimaced.

"For your information, he’s a little leaguer!" Dani attempted to defend him.

"Thanks for trying, Dani." Max said sorrowfully.

"Anything for you, Maximus," she joked.

"Whoa, little leaguer!" Jay and Ice fake a baseball play. Max tried to walk by and Ice stops him. "Wait a minute. Everyone pays the toll."