Part 6: Calming Circle

At the Sanderson Cottage two Firefighters leave the house muttering to themselves about how much they hate Halloween.

"Hey look, Max. At least you're not the only person that hates Halloween," Dani smiled.

The sisters are hiding in the bushes. Mary looks confused. "Who are they?"

"Boys!" Sarah grinned hopefully.

People chuckle at Sarah's enthusiasm.

"Witch hunters! Observe, they wear black robes, and carry axes to chop the wood to burn us." Winifred said with confidence.

"They're firefighters," Becca informed the sisters. "They work on the carts that put out fires."

"I see." Winnie hummed.

"So... they don't hunt witches?" Mary asked.

"No."

"Oh, good!"

"Hold me!" Mary cried as Sarah began to rummage through the bushes.

"What a pretty spider." She began to eat it.

Cassie pulled a face of disgust.

"Mmm! I wish I had some spiders now..." Sarah hummed to herself. "But these will have to do!" She ate some more m&m's. "Thou must really try these, Winnie. They taste better than human souls!"

"Take that back!" Winnie gasped.

"'Tis true, sister!"

"Dost the rainbow pebbles keep thou alive?!" Winifred demanded.

"I don't know... maybe?"

"Ugh!"

"Sisters! Let me make one thing perfectly clear. The magic that brought us back only works tonight on All Hallow’s Eve." Winifred explained while walking out from behind the bush. Her sisters followed. "When the sun comes up, we’re dust. Toast. Pudding!" Mary screamed. "Fortunately, the potion I brewed the night we were hanged will keep us alive and young forever." The sisters sigh in relief.

"I sense a 'but'," Gilbert said.

"Unfortunately the recipe for that potion is in my spell book, and the little wretches have stolen it." Winifred continued as Sarah threw the rest of the spider in her mouth. "Therefore it stands to reason, does it not, sisters dear, that we must find the book, brew the potion, and suck the lives out of the children of Salem before sunrise? Otherwise it’s curtains, we evaporate, we cease to exist. Dost thou comprehend?"

"To be honest, it's not a bad plan," Izzy shrugged, earning a few disapproving glares. "Other than the killing children part... obviously."

"Oh, you explained it beautifully, Winnie. The way you started out with the adventure part, and then you slowed…"

"Thou art a brilliant story-teller, Winnie," Mary complimented as a few people chuckled.

Sarah blinked. "Explained what?"

Winifred rolled her eyes.

Winifred exhaled. "Come! We fly!"

"I wish I could fly." Cassie stated gloomily.

The Sanderson sisters turned to her. "Your friend is a witch, is she not?"

"...yes."

"Then ask to ride upon her broom with her." Sarah said as if it were obvious.

"I don't have a broom..." Becca mumbled, scratching her neck.

"You... what?!" Winnie had to do a double-take.