- c h a p t e r - t h r e e -

tw: panic attack 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 "I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," Mrs. Weasley ordered all the teenagers as they tromped up the stairs. "We've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny's asleep," She added to Hermione and Gemma, "so try not to wake her up."

"Asleep, yeah, right," Fred muttered as they reached their floor. "If Ginny's not lying awake waiting for Hermione to tell her everything they said downstairs, then I'm a flobberworm..."

"Night, everyone," Hermione said as she and Gemma headed to their room.

When they reached their room, the door shutting with a click, Ginny sat straight up in bed, and her eyes were burning, "Everything, now."

So Gemma and Hermione explained.

Ginny looked solemn as she nodded along and ended up staring into space at the corner of the room.

"So...it's serious then," She murmured.

Gemma nodded, "Yeah. It is..."

The ginger lifted her gaze to Gemma and said, "And Remus Lupin is your father?"

The older girl nodded, grimacing, "Your mum just kinda exposed me. Sooo keep it on the down low if you could..."

Ginny grinned madly, "I knew it..."

Gemma snickered tiredly, "Of course you did. I was worried you would be upset."

"No! Not at all! You'll have to worry about the twins, though. But I just figured that you just acted too weird around him and about him to not actually be his daughter. Whatever story you came up with was convincing, but not for me," Ginny tilted her head. "So...where's your mum? Lupin isn't married is—"

"She died," The auburn-haired girl breathed out. "At the hands of someone in Voldemort's followers."

The room was quiet as Hermione and Ginny winced at her, casually saying the Dark One's name.

Ginny hopped out of her bed and onto Gemma's, wrapping her arms around her, "We'll stop him...I promise..."

The older teenager bobbed her head, "I know..." She sighed, "But right now, we need to sleep. We can talk more about this tomorrow."

No one argued as Hermione and Gemma readied themselves for bed.

When they were all tucked in and already woozy with sleep, Gemma turned over and blew out the candle on her nightstand, letting the room fill with darkness.

She turned in her bed, and their face filled her vision.

It was like this every night.

And it had been since the third task.

"Night, Ced..." She barely whispered.

And Gemma fell into a deep nightmare-filled sleep.

∆∆∆

Gemma had just followed Sirius down from feeding Buckbeak the Hippogriff when she heard Hermione's muffled voice say from the drawing room, "Kreacher's really old, he probably couldn't manage —"