Dullahan

For the next few days, Reine read through all the documents taken from their base and  Asher trained his powers.

One day, she took a break from reading and watched  him train from afar 

"He's a very hardworking kid."

'I know Ondine. Maybe he's a bit too hardworking.' she sighed  

"He has to train harder if he ever wants to survive. If he goes out of control. and if 'they' ever find out.......... there's a reason why people like him don't exist. You know what could happen to him. What they would do." 

'Which is exactly why we keep this a secret. He's still a kid Ondine.' she turns to look at her 'He didn't know what they were doing to him. He didn't know about any of this...' she sighed and turned back to look at him 'He's already been through too much, especially for someone his age.'

"I...know."

'I wish I could help him more.'

"He has to learn it himself. There's nothing you can do to help. Do you remember how it was when you first found out?"

'I didn't have a choice Ondine. No one was there to help me.'

'Ondine you...you were the only one I had and I don't even know what I would have done if you weren't. I wouldn't have made it this far without you and I don't think he has someone like you to help him.'

"................."

"If it is your choice to help him, I will not stop you." 

'Thank you, Ondine.'

She walks up over to where he is training and messes up his hair, handing him a bottle of water

"So..., how's it going so far kiddo?"

"Tiring," he replied opening the bottle and taking a sip.

"I found his name."

"Really?" she asked surprised 

"Dullahan," he whispered

The shadows around him became darker and she froze as a chill went down her spine.

"Arise," he commanded 

Nothing happened

"ARISE!" 

Suddenly the shadow grew bigger and bigger and took shape.

She saw him then. The headless rider on the horse.

Even though he didn't have a head she could feel his eyes on her. His..' gaze' unnerved her. Everything inside her was screaming 'RUN!!'. but she stood her ground and turned her gaze from him for a brief second to look at Asher. His fists were clenched and he uttered one word through gritted teeth, not breaking his gaze from where the headless man stood. 

"Go!"

And the shadow disappeared leaving no trace behind.