Permission for leaving

Reine woke up hearing gentle knocking.
"Reine, sweetheart are you up?"
"Yes Aunty." She yawned "Be there in a bit."

She got out of bed and after doing her morning routine got out of her room and went downstairs.

She greeted her uncle and aunty.
"Morning Uncle Fidel. Morning Aunty Willow ."

"Morning sweetheart." They smiled.

She sighed after sitting down on the table
'Uncle and Aunty took great care of me these many years and I don't want them to be hurt because of me, just like mom and dad.'
She decided to talk to them after finishing their meal.

"Wow, you're up early." Willow commented surprised to see Zoe coming down the stairs.

" Yea. I am."
"Morning Zoe." Reine smiled
"Hey, sis." She smiled back and went to grab her food.

Reine and Zoe were almost the same age. They were close to each other. They were practically like sisters.

After everyone finished their food, Rene took a deep breath.
"Uncle, Aunty, Zoe.." she looked at each of them, "Can I uh.. go out for a few months? ALONE." She emphasized.
"Wh-why dear ?" Willow asked taken aback along with the others by her strange request.
"I have something to do," she told them trying her best not to lie to them.
"I wanted to find something and it's quite far away. But don't worry I won't be alone. It's near one of my friend's house. She's living there for the vacation. " She told them

Willow laughed
"Reine, if you wanted to tell us that you wanted to spend your vacation with your friend you should've just told us."

She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck.
"So... can I go?"
"But what is it that you wanted to find?" Fidel asked curiously.

"Just something I've been searching for a while. Also, it's quite near to the sea." She added so that he wouldn't be suspicious.

All 3 of them knew that she loved the sea. It seemed to cheer her up. She especially loved the seashells and making sandcastles.

Reine knew that they noticed that she was feeling down for a few days so they might let her go.

After what felt like a long time Fidel looked away from his wife and released a long sigh.
"Fine."
"If that's what you want Reine," Willow added with a smile.

"Thanks, Aunty. Thanks, Uncle."
She smiled along with Willow and Fidel.

"Hey! Don't forget to bring me a souvenir alright." Zoe hugged her.
"I would have loved to come with you, but you know I can't."

"Yeah, I know. Have fun with your friends Zee and don't worry about the souvenir." She told her hugging her back.

Finding A WayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara