Chapter 1 - Did my time has come!?

Start from the beginning

I want to voice out my last hope.

"..."

Is this... IS THIS IT, RIGHT!? I WILL FINALLY REINCARNATE INTO ANOTHER WORLD!?? I CAN FINALLY BECOME THE MOB THAT TURNS OUT TO BE THE MASTERMIND, CAN I!??

"..."

WHERE IS THE GOD THAT WILL GIVE ME POWERS? ANYONE?? WHERE IS THE GUIDE THAT WILL REINCARNATE ME INTO ANOTHER WORLD??

"..."

Silence. No one answers my call. Yup, time to take back what I said. Forget it.

Hah~ ^_^

What was I expecting? Of course, it will not happen. How long has it been since I last thought about this fantasy of mine?

I guess... In the end, fantasy is just a fantasy. No matter how much I want or dream about it, it will remain an idea of fulfillment.

I kept my hopes up for something that I just happened to read. No ounce of a chance that it will even exist in the first place.

Why did I even think of this as some reincarnation fantasy? I just happened to read a manga, then why am I still clinging to that past?

Oh boy, is my dream really that hardcore? I became too hopeless... I want to slap myself back to reality. I thought I wanted to move on from thinking about it.

After all that happened, in the end, escape is not an option.

Remembering that again, when I was 16 years old, I kept pursuing a specific desire. The desire to obtain a power that not an ally or an enemy can oppose. I thought it was a grandeur way of thinking. Sounds very stupid, no?

I certainly remember what shaped me into that kind of person. Well, it was a manga. It was about a mystery isekai protagonist who fools everyone and turns out to be the true mastermind. I admired that character so much. I want to be one of them. I want to be in the same world as them.

Though, that spirit of mine back then when I was still a high school boy did not last long. Yes. Reality check. Even I knew that it was just me being hopeless and pathetic being.

But, deep in my heart, a room is reserved for that little hope that someday it will happen.

I even prepared a master plan. And yep, it is about everything I will do in case the impossible happens. You know, like how I will spend my life if I ever get reincarnated into another world. I spent about three years fantasizing about my dream life and wrote it down in a notebook.

Those are the specifics of what I will do first after reincarnating. Such as, what kind of powers will I have? What should I name myself? Am I going to be a boy or a girl? Yes, just like a hardcore chuunibyou.

Sigh... I want to forget those shameful old days already.

Despite being a chuunibyou, I kept acting normal around everyone. No one knows about my desires and personality. I was making a straight poker face for the whole day, then releasing my face back to normal at home.

And you know what? My body is something that I am so proud of! It is perfectly built like what a mob should be! Along with black hair and black eyes!

I barely give a damn about anyone back in the day. I lived a peaceful life admiring and fantasizing about myself reincarnating in another world.

And yep, time passed. I finished high school without any of those events happening to me. I went to college and graduated. And now I am a working adult. And finally, I am an adult that contributes to society.

Plain and simple right? It hits me hard whenever I remember the old me.

But I am here right now, complaining to myself in the darkness. MYSELF, ALONE! In a pitch-black space from who knows where!