"The system tries to kill the Villainess whenever she falls in love..."

I cover my eyes with my hands...

Love...?

I always thought it's such a foolish thing...

How can you throw everything away in the name of love?

How can be so crazy?

Crazy enough to burn the whole world for me?

And you know what? I can't watch that happen...

Because if you kill for me, then there is blood on my hands too!

I swallow a lump in my throat...

Even at the imperial resort, you killed countless men just to find me...

But I am a sane human being, I can't watch so many people die like that...

The truth is you scare me...

Dying scares me!

If this crazy story tries to kill the Villainess when she falls in love...

Does that mean I'll die if I fall in love with you?

I feel a chill run down my spine...

I don't want to die..

I have worked so fucking hard to get here, I can't die now!

No, I can't sit here and rest like this...I have to go home!

My whole body feels really weak but I gather all the strength left in me and get out of bed.

But after walking just a few steps, my legs go weak and I am about to fall down on the ground.

That's when I feel two slender arms catch me by the shoulders.

"What are you doing? You shouldn't be out of bed yet..."

I look up to see it's Nine.

"I can't rest now...I have to go to the Vorsack palace right now." I say pushing him away.

"What do you mean? You can't go anywhere in that condition!" He says sternly.

"I have no other choice now...I have to go home, everyone must be so worried!"

Nine sighs and says, "Okay I'll ask the leader and take you home".

"Thanks"

Nine helps me walk to the bed and then sits me down.

"Don't stress too much, everything will be fine." He smiles.

I never noticed how gentle he was up until now. I always thought most people here would hate me since I belong to a noble family, but surprisingly both the leader and Nine are very helpful towards me.

Soon after that, Nine gets the carriage ready for me to return back home. He even helps me walk up to the carriage carefully making sure I don't get hurt again.

As we ride  together, I notice Nine look outside the window of the carriage very seriously as if deep in thought. His long black hair tied into a neat ponytail falls down on his slender shoulders, but that doesn't bother him. He keeps on staring outside at the sunset, resting his face on his hand, deep in thought.

"Thanks for everything" I say.

My words takes him by surprise.

His brown eyes turn to look at me.

"Pardon?"

"I just wanted to thank you for everything. For rescuing me at that time and also for taking my side" I smiled.

For a moment he looks at me very surprised. Then pushing his glasses up, he turns his face away and looks outside the window again.

"No need to thank me." He says.

I don't if it's the Sunset but Nine's face looks bright red.

I turn towards the window as well. The  sun sets down the river as the carriage moves ahead.

There is a strange silence between us, but for some reason it's very comforting.

These past few days have been filled with chaos for me. I couldn't even get proper rest, and now I got hurt so badly.

So many things have happened, so much has changed...

Everything is a mess, I don't know what to do next. And frankly a part of me just wants to give up right now.

The carriage comes to a stop.

"Lady, we have arrived" Nine says.

"Oh Already?"

Then Nine helps me get out of the carriage again.

"Lady Caroline? Is that you???" A surprised guard asks.

"Yes."

"Thank god! The lady has arrived, safe and sound! " He cries.

Then I notice a few others approaching from inside, including the Nanny.

"Milady!? Where have you been all night?? We were so worried! What happened to the magic device? Why was your last location in Karlos?! Because of that your father had started making preparations for a war with them!" The nanny looks so overwhelmed.

"A war!?" I gasp.

"Yes that's right! Even now he's discussing about this matter with the crown prince!" Nanny explains.

"Wait-No tell him to stop. Tell him that I'm okay!"

"I'll let him know that you have arrived but what is the meaning of this Milady? You don't look well...And where were you all this while?"

"I'll answer all those questions slowly, but now I need to rest. I feel so weak that I can't even stand" I say.

"That is right! I apologise Milady!" Then looking towards the servants she orders, "Hey what are you doing? Carry her inside!"

The servants immediately obey and take me inside.

Nine who was watching all of this silently finally speaks up.

"Well then I'll take my leave for now."

"Wait a minute young man...." The nanny stops him.

"What is it?"

"You can't possibly leave like this. You need to come with us for an interrogation. We need to know how did the Lady end up like this!" The nanny's golden eyes glinted through her glasses.

"I apologise for my rudeness but I'll have to decline." Nine says narrowing his eyes.

"Well that's too bad, since we won't let you walk out of this place without answering our questions..." The nanny signals the guards and they immediately surround Nine.

"Is this how you nobles pay favours?" Nine asks raising a brow

"It's nothing too personal, young man. You seemed to be close to the lady so we won't hurt you. Well that is as long as you behave well and answer our questions." She smirks.

Realising that he is surrounded from all sides, Nine decides to go with them.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Read more chapters on my patreon

Link in my bio💖

Thanks!