036. sweeter, bolder, better

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season three, episode eleven;
SWEETER, BOLDER, BETTER

0:00 ───|────── 27:58
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3610 words

*.✧ 𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐎𝐄 ✧.*

"Are they in there?" Dustin's voice jolted me out of my daydream.

"Yeah, I just heard them." I lied, throwing the bathroom door open and barging in. Dustin and Erica were right on my heels. We spotted Steve and Robin, both of them sitting on the floor of the same bathroom stall, leaning on opposite walls.

I locked eyes with Steve immediately, even though I had planned on avoiding his gaze at all costs. My cheeks began to heat up, and I noticed his turning a light shade of pink as well.

"Okay, what the hell?" Dustin scolded.

Neither of them said anything, just glancing at each other mischievously. Then, they burst into laughter.

"You better stop laughing before I slap you." Erica snapped, and this made them shut up.

"All right, let's get out of here." Dustin sighed, turning and leaving out the bathroom door. The rest of us followed him one by one, meeting back in a group once outside. We checked to make sure the coast was clear, and then we started to make our way towards the main entrance.

"Blend." Dustin commanded as we walked, all of us trying not to look suspicious or stand out in any way. I walked beside Steve, my cheeks tingling as I tried not to smile as his words played over in my head.

Dustin sighed, "We just have to get on the bus back to town with the rest of these plebes and home sweet home, here we come."

"Uh, Dustin." I tapped him on the shoulder.

"What?" He hissed, glancing back at me.

"They probably know where we live, remember? Steve told them about us." I reminded him, ignoring the way that my stomach flipped when I said Steve's name.

"That's right." Dustin groaned before he turned t glare at Steve. "What is wrong with you?"

"Dude, I was drugged." Steve said.

"So?"

"What do you mean, so?"

"So you resist. You tough it out. You tough it out like a man." Dustin urged.