018. hive mind

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season two, episode six;
HIVE MIND

0:00 |───────── 20:20
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

4841 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 ✧.*

Suddenly aware of my surroundings but still unable to open my eyes, I tried to move my head, feeling a hand grazing my chin lightly.

Slowly, I was able to open my heavy lids, and found that I was staring into a man's eyes. A man wearing a hazmat suit.

I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the light, noticing that one of the guards from earlier, the one that I had hit in the stomach twice, was in the room as well, leaning against the doorframe.

The numb tingling in my arms and legs subsided and I was able to squirm around in my chair. "W-what's going on?" I slurred, my head starting to hurt as I gained more strength.

I didn't get a reply from the hazmat man, and I watched as he held up a jar with some weird, gooey dirt inside. The guard in the corner smirked at the sight of this substance, and my concern grew.

"What the fuck is that?" My speech was more distinguishable this time, despite still being muffled by my gas mask. 

"A nice little treat." The guard answered. "It's great for the lungs."

The hazmat suited man pulled out yet another large syringe, sticking it through the plastic covering the top of the jar. The needle reached down to the dirt, and he sucked some up. He set the jar down beside him, bringing the syringe, which was now full of dirt, up to the injection sight in my gas mask.

"What are you doing!" I thrashed away from him. "Stop! Stop!"

His grip tightened around my chin as he held my head still. He stuck the needle into the opening in my mask and slowly injected the dirt into the filters. I tried to hold my breath so that I wouldn't ingest any of the substance, but I felt dust tickle my nose and eventually I had to gasp for air.

Whatever I was currently breathing, which definitely wasn't just oxygen or sleeping medicine anymore, was beginning to sting my lungs. My chest and throat were on fire, and I burst into a coughing fit as I struggled to get free from the chair.

The guard laughed at my pain and I felt the room start to spin, my head whirling from lack of oxygen. My chin dropped down to my chest and I heard the two men leave and the door close. My chest was heaving as I struggled to take a full breath. Tunnel vision took over and my ears started to ring again. Then, I was blacking out, chest still on fire.