008. cliffhanger

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season one, episode eight;
CLIFFHANGER

0:00 |───────── 16:32
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3930 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

Rubbing the back of my head, which was sore from Eleven slamming me into the bus, I finally arrived at home.

I noticed Hopper's truck was parked outside, causing me to raise my eyebrow, questioning it as I walked up onto the front porch.

I pressed my ear agianst the door and listened closly. I heard hushed voices speaking quickly, and from what little I could make out it sounded like Hopper and Mom.

I moved away from the door and crept along the side of the house, entering the backyard. I walked up the steps and quietly opened the back door.

I figured I could slip in undetected easily through the back, because I wanted to listen in on what they were talking about. If I just waltzed right in the front door, they would definitely just stop talking and send me to my room.

And I wanted, no, needed to hear this.

I tiptoed down the hallway, towards the living room, where I could tell the voices were coming from. I pinned my back against the wall, carefully peering around the corner.

I saw that Hopper and Mom were sitting at the dining room table, facing each other in the dim lighting.

"I need you to go over this again," Mom was saying.

"I told you everything that I saw." Hopper replied.

"Tell me again." Mom commanded.

I moved my head back from the edge and leaned back on the wall. I took a deep breath, focusing in on hearing what they were saying, over the sound of my loud, thumping heart.

"There was a laboratory, where they must do experiments or something. And then there was..." Hopper paused. "There was this kid's room."

I bit my lip, fighting the urge to gasp. What the hell is he talking about?

"How do you know it was a kid's room?" Mom asked.

Hopper sighed. "I told you, the size of the bed, there was a drawing, there was a stuffed animal-"

"You didn't say there was a drawing." Mom interrupted.

"Yeah, there was this drawing of...of an adult and a child. It said 'Eleven' on it."

My heart dropped to my shoes. Eleven? Like the girl with superpowers who just slammed me into a bus earlier today? It couldn't be connected.

Could it?