015. the pollywog

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season two, episode three;
THE POLLYWOG

0:00 |───────── 15:37
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3657 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

I woke up first this morning, turning over in bed and looking over my shoulder to see Belle, still peacefully asleep. After everything that she went through last night, I decided it would be best to let her sleep for as long as she could.

I got out of the bed, careful not to wake her, and went out of my room and down to the kitchen. The house was quiet, so I assumed that everyone was still asleep. Except for Jonathan, who was was standing over by the stove, making breakfast like he did almost every morning.

I offered to help him, telling him I would make pancakes. He liked this idea and moved over to make room for me to work.

"Do you know why Will was at Mike's last night?" I kept my voice soft as I grabbed my ingredients from around the kitchen.

"He wouldn't tell me." Jonathan sighed. "But I think I know what happened."

I paused mid egg-crack. "You don't think he had another episode while he was trick or treating, do you?"

Jonathan was quiet for a moment. "I think we should've stayed with him." Was all he said.

I felt a pang of guilt in my chest at his words. If I had stayed with Will though, Belle would've been all alone. I'm glad that I went.

"We didn't know," I replied. "We were just trying to be carefree teenagers for one night and have a good time."

Jonathan scoffed. "We should know better though."

I fell silent as I added a tub of blueberries to the bowl of mix, stirring it well. Jonathan finished using the stove and I moved over to cook the pancakes. I heard a door shut from down the hallway and I turned to look towards the noise.

I smiled when I saw that it was Belle. "Morning." I said brightly.

She gave me a closed lipped smile, entering the kitchen and sitting at the table.

"I'm making pancakes." I told her.

Belle chuckled. "I can see that."

I turned back to the stove, flipping over a bubbling pancake.

"After breakfast, I, um, I'd like to go home." Belle spoke up. "I don't feel like going to school."

"Okay, yeah, that's fine." I moved the finished pancakes onto a plate before adding more to the skillet. "We can drop you off when Jonathan takes me and Will to school."