014. the halloween party

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season two, episode two;
THE HALLOWEEN PARTY

0:00 |───────── 17:19
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

4123 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

"What are you guys doing?" I laughed as I rounded the corner into the living room, where Bob Newby, mom's new boyfriend, and Jonathan were messing around with a big camera.

"Ashley, you do know that this is the future, right?" Bob spoke about the device with such reverence that I couldn't help but to smile at him.

Bob was so good to and for Mom, after everything. Everything with Dad and everything that happened last year, he was such a breath of fresh air for us. It was hard for me to get used to having a father figure around again, and I found myself wanted to shut him out immediately. I just had to keep telling myself that he was good, and he was nothing like Dad.

"You already used that line on me." Mom peeked her head into the room from the kitchen.

"Well it's true!" Bob chuckled. "One day, everybody is going to have one of these."

"I'll believe that when I see it," I playfully said back to him. Will came out of the kitchen and walked right up to me. Without a word, he just held out his hand, as if expecting something, and this made me laugh.

I slapped the extra black tape that he had requested I get from my room into his open palm. He smiled and brought it to Mom, and they started to put the touching up his homemade Ghostbusters costume.

Tonight was the neighborhood's trick-or-treating, and I was going with the boys to watch out for Will, and Jonathan was going to take us and pick us up. Mom was extra worried about Will tonight, that's why she's making me babysit, but I don't mind. He does, though.

He says that we're all treating him differently, and that it makes him feel bad. I don't know about Mom and Jonathan, but I'm genuinely trying to act like nothing happened, it's just really difficult. Last year was the worst time of my life, and I think that we all just felt extra protective over him now. I mean, can you blame us?

"Just stay close to Ashley, okay?" Mom was telling Will. "And listen, if you get a bad feeling or anything, you tell her or your friends and they will make sure you get straight home. You promise?"

"Okay," Will nodded, looking excited. Jonathan lowered his camera and looked at the both of us. "Ready to go?" He asked.

We both nodded and made our way out the front door and over to Jonathan's car.