006. the upside down

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season one, episode six;
THE UPSIDE DOWN

0:00 |───────── 25:06
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

5021 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

I slipped my white sneakers on, tying them up as fast as I could.

I didn't want to be home any longer, the tension in the air between us all was just too much.

I was going to go to Mike Wheeler's house, Will's best friend. He deserved to know about everything that was happening. And maybe he'd know something about Will that Mom, Jonathan and I don't. I always tell Hannah all my secrets, maybe Will was the same way with Mike.

I finished putting my shoes on, and I went to grab my coat but then I noticed that Jonathan was standing in the hallway.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"None of your business," I huffed, still upset at him from the very public commotion earlier.

"Well, I'm going down to the funeral home to look at caskets if you want to come." He came closer to me.

"I have things to do." I answered, snatching up my coat and hurriedly putting it on.

"Like what? Talk to some more lights with Mom?" Jonathan glared at me.

I paused to shoot him a nasty look. "Don't even start." I finished zipping up my jacket before turning and opening the door. Then, I stepped outside, slamming it on Jonathan's face.

I started to march down our driveway and towards the street. I heard Jonathan come outside but I didn't even look behind me.

"Can I at least drive you to wherever you're going?" He called after me.

I looked over my shoulder at him briefly to say, "I'd rather you not." Then I turned my back to him and continued down the street.

It took me around twelve minutes to walk to Mike's house, but I had so much adrenaline going through me that I hadn't slowed my pace once and I wasn't even tired.

I knocked on the door and I heard footsteps running across the carpeted floor and then the lock turned.

Mike opened the door and then just stared at me. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I want to talk about Will." I stated.

"Well, you can't come in right now." Mike looked around nervously.

"Why not?"

"Because."

"That's not a good reason, Mike."