𝟜𝟟. 𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕣𝕤

------

hi guys its been 9 months

i was kinda busy for a little bit and then i read the bell jar by sylvia plath and i spent my summer pretty depressed and and then school started again and now i am very busy. 

but its fall break and i just spent 9 hours on a train listening to the playlist i made for this book and im feeling inspired! 

------

Donnan and Isla have their wedding inside of a barn not too far from Oliver's house. Its pretty small, but a beautiful ceremony. 

The party afterward is lively. I dance with Oliver and get to know his family for most of it. We get along really well. 

Then, Donnan and Isla leave to go on their honeymoon trip to Greece, and it's just Oliver, his parents, and me in his house. 

"I'm probably going to go home tomorrow morning," I say, sitting on Oliver's bed while he puts on his pajamas. 

"Do you have to," he pouts. 

"Chin up; you'll see me every day at school when we go back." 

"Yeah, but that's ages away." 

"Only a week," I grin. 

Oliver clears his throat, getting more serious. "You know, I've been thinking about it, and I really would like to meet your parents."

"Oliver, you know I-" 

"I mean, I intend on being with you for a very long time, so I'm bound to have to meet them someday."

"My father is just so difficult," I hug my elbows. 

"I know, but maybe he'll be better if you let him into your life a little bit." 

"He doesn't deserve to be let into my life!" 

"Yes, I know-" 

"No you don't! You don't know what its like dealing with him!"

"You're right, Laurie, I'm sorry," he comes over to me and places his hands on my shoulders. "I'll stop pushing it if you really don't want me to meet them." 

I sigh and shake my head. I intend on being with you for a very long time. 

"If we go into town tomorrow morning I could call my mum and ask if its alright for you to come over for dinner. You could take the knight bus back with me." 

"Laurie, really!?" he asks, grinning. 

"Yeah, like you said, you'll have to deal with my dad sooner or later." 

"Merlin, thank you so much," he smiles and kisses me. 

I grin at him and ruffle my fingers through his hair. "You'll owe me one, though." 

------

The next morning, I call my mum. She enthusiastically accepts my offer, very excited to meet Oliver. I can't help but feel nervous for how my dad is going to act. 

I help Oliver's mum around the house for the rest of the morning, then go I out into a field and play some one-on-one quidditch with Oliver. We mostly just toss the quaffle back and forth. 

Before I'm ready, it's time to board the knight bus and go home. 

When we get there, my mum opens the door, showering Oliver in hugs and kisses. My father stands behind her, staring Oliver down. 

After my mum is done with him, Oliver nods to my dad. "Hello sir." 

"Hello, son. Scottish, are you?" My father asks.