𝟙𝟡. 𝔾𝕦𝕟 ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤

------

There's a voice from behind me. "You should really watch your back more, Parker. Especially in this coming year." 

I whip around to see Marcus Flint and a couple of his friends standing in the hallway. They've all got their wands out.

I left mine in the compartment.

"What do you want?" I ask standing my ground.

"My father always says that Mudbloods don't belong here," he snickers.

"Does he?" I say, fighting to keep fear out of my voice.

"Yeah; hopefully this year they'll finally get what they deserve?"

"They?"

"Idiot," he laughs. "Mudbloods. They'll finally see that Hogwarts isn't for them."

"Or, even better, they won't be around long enough to see it coming," one of them adds. They all laugh sickeningly.

"Oh, I'm trembling in my boots," I say, acting bored.

"Idiot mudblood," Flint scowls.

"Alright, then, if you're all done telling me what a useless mudblood I am, I'm gonna go have a piss-" I start to turn away.

Flint fires a curse at me, but I duck just in time. It scorches the wood next to my head.

I shove past them and start running back towards the front of the train, dodging spells right and left.

People look at me like I'm mad, but all I'm concerned with is getting back safely to my compartment.

I reach the compartment and fling the door open, throwing myself inside, out of breath.

"Jesus, Laurie, what happened to you?" Penelope asks, visibly concerned.

"Flint-" I say, gasping.

"Son of a bitch!" Candace says, raising her voice. "I know I always say this, but this time I'm really going to kill him."

"What did he do?"

"Him and a bunch of his mates ambushed me," I say, still catching my breath. "Didn't have my wand."

"Merlin, Laur, you've gotta keep that with you," nods Ambria, awake now.

"Yeah, I'm realising that," I nod, "I dunno what they would've done if I didn't get away."

"How did you get away?" asks Penny.

"I ran. Wasn't much else I could do."

"Bastards," mutters Candace.

I sigh and lean back in the seat. "Merlin, I'm having quite the day, aren't I."

"I'll say," grins Penelope.

"Let's all say our goodbyes to each other in case the train crashes before we get to Hogwarts," Candace jokes.

I roll my eyes. "Honestly, with the luck I'm having, I'll be surprised if I make it to the common room tonight."

"They attacked you without your wand?" asks Oliver, appalled. 

"Yeah, bloody cowards," I shake my head. 

"Not very surprising, though," he frowns. 

"Indeed," I say. 

"The Slytherins seem to be even more rude this year than last," comments Percy. Candace shoots him a look. "I mean- not all Slytherins. You know, blokes like Flint and Malfoy."