It was going to be good to get away.

I decided to actually take a shower before going to bed because I was sticky and gross from my spicy night.

When I got back to bed I fell asleep almost immediately, feeling myself dose off into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up in the morning feeling groggy since I had to wake up pretty early.

Being in charge was a lot of responsibility that I didn't mind. I did however mind that I had to be awake at 6am.

I got myself ready for the day then made my way to base so I could get some work done and get the assignment sorted out for the weekend.

"Good morning, Mr. Brock." Jenny, our receptionist, said as I walked down the hallway.

"Morning." I said then walked towards my office. When I got in there, I sat at the desk and logged into the computer so I could work out the schedule for the weekend.

It always made me laugh how similar this job was to a corporate office job.

I basically worked in an unground office building but instead of going on business trips I murdered people.

They deserved it, but it was still technically murder.

"Mr. Brock." Will said as he poked his head into the room. "Yes?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the screen in front of me.

"Just wanted to brief you on what happened last night." He said as I nodded and took my glasses off, looking at him.

"Speak." I said then reached for a cigarette. "Lenny went out to a bar last night. Black Stone, ever heard of it?" He asked as I blinked slowly, lighting the cigarette that was placed between my lips.

"Why is this relevant?" I asked blandly, breathing out the smoke that had previously infiltrated my lungs.

"It's an underground club. Nobody outside of the crime world knows about it." He explained as I nodded.

"Still looking for relevance." I mumbled then took a long drag.

"Some guys were talking about you. Obviously they didn't know Lenny was one of us." He explained as I nodded.

"A lot of people talk about me." I said blandly. "Not like this I don't think. Lenny wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't serious." He said as I chuckled.

"Get Lenny in here then." I said as he nodded. "Will do." He said then stood up and left the room.

I couldn't really care less that people were talking about me. Just like Quill, my name meant more now.

People that were new to the business thought I didn't exist. The people who knew I existed knew I was dangerous.

"Mr. Brock." Lenny said as he opened the door. "Sit." I said and pointed to the seat across from me.

"Speak." I said and leaned back, crossing my arms.

"I went to a club last night, sir. One of the underground ones for the crime world." He explained as I nodded, motioning my hand for him to get to the point.

"There were these men talking behind me. Brought you up." He said then swallowed hard.

"They said that you're weak and that they're going to find and overthrow you because you won't see it coming." He said causing me to breathe a laugh.

"Were these idiots drunk, Lenny?" I asked and smirked from the amusement.

Before all of this, I would have believed them and taken the steps to make sure that nothing would happen, but now that I was four years into this I knew it wouldn't be possible.

The secret society had more technology than any other gang.

It's advanced even more since I've taken over so it was easy to get in and out of places without a trace.

If I knew who these guys were they wouldn't live to see another day and they wouldn't see it coming.

"They seemed a little buzzed." Lenny said as I nodded. "That's the only logical reason as to why they would think they could cross me." I said then grabbed another cigarette.

"Did they say anything about any plans?" I asked and lit up. "No, sir." Lenny said as I nodded.

"Great. Then I'm not worried. You're dismissed." I said as he nodded. He looked like he had more to say but I didn't want to entertain stupidity.

It was most likely pointless drunken thoughts since I remember having those from time to time when Quill was alive.

Once Lenny was gone I got back to work assigning things for the weekend. I was excited to be able to go back to LA although it might bring back memories I've been shoving down.

I have only gone to LA twice in the last four years. I went once a couple months after everything went down so I could collect my things from the office.

I remember crying that time, because it was hard. I vowed to not go back until I was stronger.

It took three years to get there but I surprised Sam for his birthday last year.

It was difficult but I was much stronger now than I was then.

This time I would let drugs and alcohol drown out any sort of memory that I didn't want.

It would be good for me to escape for a little while since everything was just so serious here.

Serious was good when you were in this business but it could be more dangerous to not have any sort of fun or entertainment.