𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑔𝑎𝑛𝑔

~"I like that boy, you two look cute together"~

September 1st, 1995.

It was quite a restless day.

Jake started living alone in the summer with his friends, thing that was pretty hard for Katie, at home her parents were having problems and she would only have her brother for those moments. Now she didn't have anyone, she hoped that after how missing he was at hogwarts they would get to talk about it through summer but he was in a hurry to move out for some reason. He's only 16. That will be the first thing you need to know; Katie knew Jake'd told her that he was really busy with school, which she understood giving that he got straight o's in everything, but why couldn't he even show up to breakfast? 

Those questions remained unanswered for Katherine.

Thing that takes us to the second thing you'll need to know; her mother had all the pressure on her that day.

Katherine's POV 

"I know mum, I'm on it"

Third thing you'll need to know, I might have forgotten to pack my truck last night.

Yeah, I know that was kind of my fault, but I've been sleepless since I decided to be friends with the most complicated person with the most bloody complicated life in the world, Harry Potter.

Ok, maybe not since I met him, but of course something had to happen to him, so he was attacked by dementors which got him expelled, then they decided to give him a speech and decided what they would do with him then, and guess who hasn't sent me a letter since? 

You cannot blame me for not knowing where I'm standing on when my best friend could be in azkaban for all I know.

Guess I'll know today.

"Katherine Cristina Jones you better hurry up!" My dad demanded.

Another thing you need to know: my parents are talking about getting a divorce and my dad has been more strict with me since.

He didn't let me stay at the black's that summer and I couldn't explain him I needed to because of the order so I've been trapped with him, under the same roof.

"I'm ready!" I hurried up down the stairs, grabbed mou, my incredibly old owl I got when I was eleven. The poor bird could barely lift three letters at once but would peck me whenever I said I wouldn't give her more mail.

 I then went to the kitchen to have a quick breakfast when my mom served it to me.

"What time is it?" I mumbled biting my toast with peanut butter and jelly.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth Katherine" she scolded "8:52"

I dropped my toast. "I just got a shower in ten minutes thinking I was late for you to tell me is 8 am?!" I said calmly, or tried to.

"It would've been ten minutes or two hours, and we live far away from London, you don't want the train to leave without you do you?" My mom handed me a glass filled with orange juice.

I sighed, she wasn't wrong, I like to enjoy my showers.

"We live in Maidstone mum, not in Italy" I said picking at the borders of the sandwich and putting them aside.

"Still one hour to Kings cross" she turned around to face me "Eat the whole bread" said mum turned again and storing the plates that she had just washed on the cabinets.

I sighed and ate the borders and quickly swallowed them with the juice.

"What do you know about Harry?" She asked.

I shook my head "still nothing, I guess I'll have to go to hogwarts to know now"

"Send me a letter when you know okay?" I nodded "I like that boy, you two look cute together"

"Mom, no" I pursed my lips and shook my head.

"Didn't you like him back then?"

"He likes Cho chang, he gets all sweaty when she's around. I moved on" I explained.

"Whatever you say, finish your breakfast, your father is in the car"

I did as she told me to and I got in the car, after exactly one hour and 8 minutes, we got to the station.

"Bye dad!" I said hurrying to take my truck and get outta there.

"Behave"

"I will"

I ran to the platform 9/34 and immediately saw Harry, ron, hermione and moody nearby.

I prolonged my entrance to the platform and tried to catch them, I quickly ran and hugged hermione who was obviously taken aback by the sudden pull I gave her hand. Then ron approached us, followed by Ginny and the twins.

"How's summer been?" I asked my friends, giving my back to moody to face all of my friends.

"good" Hermione revealed "until Harry got attacked by dementors of course" 

"Where is he by the way? He told me he had a speech but never answered me back" I frowned going back to reality.

"I was freaking out, but I was let out free with no charges" a voice said behind me.

I turned to see Harry with a large black dog who I assumed was Sirius.

"Harry!" I sighed relieved. I quickly hurried to wrap my arms around him in an embrace which he returned rapidly.

"You worried me!" I pushed him slightly hitting him In the chest "how do you pretend I sleep peacefully when I don't know if my best friend's in jail!" I scolded.

"Sorry" he apologized looking down slightly, but still with his gazed glued to mine's "in my defense I got a cold and they didn't let me be free!"

"What do you mean you got a cold?" I frowned once again.

"Mrs. Weasley tried to brush my hair for the speech so she put a bunch of cold water on my head to accommodate it" he explained "didn't go well" Harry said, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Was your hair at least accommodated?" I asked lowly, he shook his head once more "aw, well let's get in the platform mystery gang! Our mystery machine is waiting for us!" I sort of yelled and looked at Sirius who still had the shape of a dog "c'mon scooby" the dog huffed and started following us.

"What's a mystery gang?" I heard Ron ask Hermione in a whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amount of words: 1012

Chapter 38, mystery gang

Invisible string

I'm baaaaaackk