𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠

~"I- I- I wanna know so here I go"~

S. C.

Harry's pov 

It was 4 a.m, katie and I were talking about how Jake wasn't there, she was really worried and couldn't sleep so I decided to make company so she's not bored waiting for him.

"What if something bad happened?" She said.

"I'm pretty sure he's ok, maybe he found a friend and they are hanging out?" I suggested, I was worried too but I felt like I needed to help her so that's what I did

"I don't know what I would do without him" she started, her voice was breaking "he's my everything, he's always there for me and takes care of me, the care my dad never gave me" she was about to cry "what if he died?"

"He's not dead alright?" I said "what could've happened?"

"I don't know" a tear fell across her cheek, I removed it with my thumb.

"It will be okay, it's fine to feel anxious and scared, but you can't let it affect you" I started "I understand it, but you just have to calm down alright? Come 'ere" I grabbed her and she wrapped her arms across my neck and hiding her head in it like a little kid being scared of a monster from their parents bedtime story. She was whimpering on my shoulder soaking my sweater with anxious tears, I really knew how important her brother was to her, how every morning she used to go to ravenclaw's common room to greet him, how every time she had a good grade she happily went to the ravenclaw table to tell him. But he was gone for 9 hours now, she didn't even know if she was seeing him again, at least not alive.

"What if someone kidnapped him?" She asked between sobs.

"He would've use his wand, he is a great wizard it would be hard to just kidnap him you know?" 

"I guess" she kept sobbing for some minutes while I caressed her beautiful curly hair, once she stopped crying we stayed in silence for a while, it wasn't awkward at all, it was heartwarming. Just the two of us, underneath the moonlight, It was beautiful.

"Katie" I hissed.

"Mhm?" She tiredly responded against my neck.

"Are you sleepy?" I asked, still whispering.

"Kinda, why?"

"I don't know, just asking" 

Silence 

This time it was awkward, at least for me, she, by the other hand, was calmly laying on my chest barely awake. 

Suddenly, she stood up, and just placed her head on my chest, looking at the tent's ceiling. Again, It was perfect, just the two of us, no one interrupting.

"Harry?" She called.

"Yes?"

"Thanks" she told me, turning around now watching my jawline from the position I had.

"For what?" I furrowed.

"For helping me. I'm still worried, but it's definitely helping me" 

"It was nothing" I said, she pushed herself up to place her head on my shoulder.

Again, another silence, we were so close that I could feel her breath against my neck, hear her inhaling and taking deep breaths now and then. So close that I could move a little bit and stamp my lips against hers.

I should, right?

I was about to move my head to face her completely but I guess the universe had other plans.

My  thoughts faded, a powerful orange light filled the place, it was extremely hot, smell of smoke hanged around, it only could be one thing.

Fire. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amount of words: 572

Chapter 8, one kiss

Invisible string