𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠

~"checkmate"~

"I can't believe mom is making me wear this" Ron protested, sitting in a random chair in the gryffindor's common room, staring at his tuxedo "I'm her son, why can't I get the nice things?"he mumbled to himself.

"It's not that bad" katie said "the bonnet does bring up your eyes" she mocked.

"Very funny"

"I am, aren't I? Anyways wanna play wizards chess?" She proposed, standing up from the floor to the chess "maybe like that, one day you'll be as good as me to boast about it and get someone to the Yule ball who likes you because of your chess skills and doesn't care about your clothes"

"Rude" Ron mumbled, walking towards the chess table"and by the way, I'm way better than you are already"

"Wanna bet Ronald?" She threatened "I'm going destroy you, you and your king" 

"I want to see that"

In a matter of minutes, ron was left with two pawns, one knight, a bishop and his king.

Katie was about to do her final move to the checkmate, then Neville walked in.

"Katie! Katie! Katie!" He yelled "I'm free, We can go- you know" he whispered his final words.

"Now? I'm about to beat Ron's ass" 

"C'mon, it's already 10! Plus, I'm not sleepy at all, maybe this could make me tired so I actually want to sleep!" 

"Fine, Bishop c7" she said, standing up "Checkmate, I really hope I still remember to mess with you tomorrow morning about this, see you guys tomorrow!" She said goodbye and left the common room with Neville leaving everyone frowning.

"I hope they don't snog at our backs" Ron said sitting besides Harry and Hermione, who had hit him "what?" 

"Of course not, they are like siblings!" Hermione said, opening her book again, the one she used to hit Ron.

"Maybe that's why they hide it"

"Gross"

"Leaving the kissing subject behind..." Harry started to think what this secret meetings were about, and then it clicked "I saw them talking a few days ago after the Yule ball announcement!" 

"Maybe he asked her to go with him since he knows nobody else would want to" Ron started laughing.

"If you care, Ronald" hermione interrupted "he's already got someone"

"Oh"

"But what are they doing then? Why so secretive?" Harry asked.

 "Maybe you should stop assuming other's life's and start minding your own business, now if you don't mind I'm going to bed" with that, she closed her book and left the room.

"Katie definitely told her that Neville and her are going together" Ron said.

"Mhm..." he didn't want to assume anything, less if it was about Katie going to the Yule ball with somebody else who was not him, he was planning to ask her but he was still thinking how. But now, what if it's weird because they are already going together? No. No, it can't be, he can't just assume they are going because all of a sudden they want to meet each other, they are friends. He's going to wait a few more days until he can get more information about it and be %100 percent sure they are going together to ask someone else.

He really hoped it was not the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amount of words: 533

Chapter 24, secret meetings

Invisible string