𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 & 𝑔𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑦𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑑

"I beg your pardon"

"We'll find a way"

"When? The task is in a couple hours and we have nothing" Harry complained not taking his gaze from a book. They where in the library trying to find a spell so Harry could be underwater for one hour.

"Repeat it again" hermione demanded.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, And while you're searching ponder this, We've taken what you'll sorely miss, An hour long you'll have to look, And to recover what we took, But past an hour, the prospect's black, Too late, it's gone, it won't come back" Harry repeated, with his head on the same book.

"The great, obviously" hermione said "but problematic"

"Problematic?" He said, sitting properly to look at the girl "Tell me hermione, when was the last time you were underwater for an hour?" He spat placing his head over the charms book once again.

"We'll find a solution, it's going to be fine" katie said, making the raven boy look at her. She could tell there was fear in his eyes, he didn't know what was going to happen next, if he was going to find something and successfully pass the task, if he was not going to find anything and frankly die there, he didn't know, he couldn't know, and that was freaking him out.

"Jones, weasley and granger, you are wanted in professor mcgonagall's office" professor moody groaned appearing from behind a shelve.

"But sir, the second task is in a couple hours and-" hermione started.

"-and that's why potter should be prepared" he interrupted "now, come with me"

"Good luck" katie whispered to Harry.

• • •

"I beg your pardon, what?" Katie asked stunned.

"You both have been chosen as one of the champions' most valued treasure, we've noticed that potter spends plenty of time with both of you, so we decided to leave it up to you, who will go underwater?" Mcgonagall explained.

"F- for an hour?" Katie stuttered.

"Not precisely, if potter grabs you fast you'll be conscious in about 20 minutes"

Katie and ron looked at each other frightened.

"Not me" they both said.

"You should go" Katie told the redhead.

"You go, what's the big deal?" He answered.

"You are his best friend! Besides, if it's not a big deal why can't you go?"

"You are his friend too!"

"You are his friend more than I am"

"Enough, if you both are here is because potter has a special relationship with both of you, equally. Jones, I believe you've been closer ever since weasley got in a fight with potter." Asked mcgonagall.

"Yeah, but they are okay now!"

"Then I believe you are the one for this task"

"Yes!" Ron cheered.

"No!" Katie groaned.

"You are completely safe there, you are not going to know when you're there because you'll be petrified right here, then you'll be placed in the lake. and the next thing you'll see, is you besides potter swimming to the port, it'll be like falling asleep and waking up in the morning." mcgonagall explained to Katie.

She agreed to do this and ron returned to his common room. Katie stood up besides the rest of the girls and closed her eyes.

And as mcgonagall assured, she opened her eyes and saw a huge crowd cheering while you were besides a little girl who she assumed it was fleur's sister. Katie swam to the port and helped the girl get up who apparently didn't know how to swim, good thing she was a good swimmer and could help her. Katie pulled her up and ron grabbed her and gave her a towel.

"Where's Harry?" She asked floating besides the dock.

"He hasn't come out yet, but don't worry, come here" said hermione, obviously worried.

"What?!" The girl yelled, and got under the water quickly to try to see him, but nothing, then she swam up again and sat on the pier "I couldn't see him"

Katherine grabbed a towel and checked on the lake again, where no one seemed to come out from.

The next seconds felt like hours, Harry was still there.

But then, suddenly, he jumped out and fell on the quayside.

"Harry! Are you okay?" Katie asked him after hugging him and kissing his head.

"Yeah-" he said catching his breath and coughing a couple times "kind of"

"You! You saved her when you didn't have to! She's my little sister!" Fleur thanked the boy kissing his cheek. "You too! Thank you!" She said pulling Katie into a hug "and you, you helped her" she said at last in front of Ron.

"Well, yeah, technically" he stuttered. Fleur kissed his cheek really thankful, ron grabbed his cheek which was completely blushed "merci"

"Harry! You did great" hermione beamed kissing Harry's head and accommodating his towel.

"I was the last one" said Harry.

"Third place, fleur had to leave because of the grindylows!"

"The first place is for cedric Diggory! Who used the bubble-head charm"

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled. "The ministry and I, have agreed that potter, that used gillyweed, could have been in first place if he didn't just save ms. Jones, but ms. Delacour even though he didn't have to, so we agreed to give him the second place for his incredible moral values!"

"Second!" Katie celebrated.

"Congratulations"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amount of words: 816

Chapter 29, the second task

Invisible string 

Happy bday to Harry<333